Any UK Base
Who you’ll be working with
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and, in 2017, celebrated its 50th Anniversary year. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business Experience™, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
The End User Services Architect role sits with the Capgemini Cloud & Edge Projects and Consulting Practice – this practice is primarily responsible for providing client centric Public & Private Cloud, End User productivity and IoT oriented services. It provides a variety of client services, which range from initial strategic advice right through to project delivery & implementation. It is undergoing significant growth due to an ever-increasing client demand, and so is looking to further bolster its Architect group by recruiting experienced End User Services Architects & Consultants.
The focus of your role
The purpose of the role is to assist clients in designing and implementing End User productivity services as part of a wider IT strategy.
To succeed, you’ll need:
• Experience in an End User service or platform (i.e. Windows 10, Office 365, or Citrix)
• To be capable of supporting clients with migration and transformation initiatives
• To demonstrate involvement in customer projects that have covered some or all of the lifecycle (from proposal/justification to project design/build)
• Passion about technology and its power to transform the way organisations work and behave
• Curiosity and eagerness to try new things
• Readiness to challenge and be challenged
• To be capable of thinking on your feet and contributing fresh ideas to the team
• Enthusiasm to work with top-tier clients and guide them through change.
What you’ll do
The End User Services Architect is a mature and expanding role within the Capgemini Cloud & Edge Projects and Consulting Practice. They support clients with their End User services transformation and migration initiatives, whilst also enabling clients to take advantage of the latest technological innovations.
In this role the End User Services Architects engages closely with Project/Program Managers, Subject Matter experts, clients and partners to develop/deliver compelling solutions for our clients.
The candidate will be expected to operate at any point in the project lifecycle, from proposal creation through to the delivery of transformation projects. It is anticipated that individuals will either be an Architect or Consultant with significant specialism in either Windows 10 (coupled with some strong System Centre), Microsoft Office 365 or Citrix.
What you’ll bring
We’re both looking for the best: yourself in terms of a career, development opportunities and stimulating challenges; ourselves, we need outstanding individuals who possess a core set of technical skills that are complimented with personal qualities, values and attributes.
Strong technical competence and experience in one of the following:
• Windows 10 in Enterprise transformation projects, including:
o Desktop and Application virtualisation
o Enterprise Mobility
o Integration with SCCM 2012/2016
o Collaboration, messaging and unified communications
o User personalization and EUC Analytics
o Building and recommending a migration approach to roll out end user platforms
o Integration with MDM/Cloud based system management tools (e.g. AirWatch, InTune)
o Troubleshooting transformation issues (e.g. applications, SOE configuration, User Training)
• Office 365 Architecture, deployment and migration (including Exchange Online, Skype for Business, OneDrive)
• Citrix XenApp & XenDesktop Architecture, design and implementation
• Able to lead all aspects of technical design and delivery
• Excellent English communication capabilities, both written and verbal – ability to articulate technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences
• Excellent consultancy, client facing and negotiating skills
• Must be fully flexible and mobile across the UK for extended periods and potentially across the Capgemini Group
• A level of security clearance is essential or the ability to obtain such clearance.
• Knowledge of general infrastructure components like Networking, Server platforms, storage, clients (workstations, laptops, Thin client), Mobility, etc.
• Able to work in highly ambiguous situations and without supervision whilst exuding enthusiasm and optimism at all times
Additional desired experience/acumen:
• Knowledge of Lakeside/SysTrack
• Experience and understanding of configuring environments and user virtualisation utilising Ivanti, UEV, RES, GPO
• Knowledge of Active Directory (including Azure AD)
• Knowledge of packaging technologies (MSI & AppV)
• Knowledge of Security integration with encryption and anti-virus technologies (e.g. Bitlocker)
• Understanding of Azure IaaS & PaaS Cloud services
• Good working knowledge of processes and procedures (like ITIL)
• Some Financial awareness and commercial experience, including working with 3rd parties and developing commercial relationships & agreements would be beneficial.
What we’ll offer you
Dreams. Aspirations. We all have them. And chances are yours aren’t a carbon copy of everyone else’s. That’s why, at Capgemini, we give you options – and the freedom to achieve your ambitions your way.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle enable our emplopolicies yees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.