Job Title: Early Careers Recruiter
Working Pattern: Full time (WFH initially)
Who you’ll be working with
If you want the opportunity to work in a team who are passionate and driven about making sure we find and recruit the most talented and diverse range of Early Careers talent, then this job would be perfect for you! Working in our team is very rewarding as we are driven, agile, hungry, and passionate to succeed and make a difference.
Our recruitment team of 12 spans across our UK locations. 2021 is our largest recruitment year to date, with around 500 joining Capgemini into technical, technology consulting and business roles. We aspire to widen our proposition to the business areas we support and hire the best talent onto client projects.
The focus of your role
To achieve our ambitions, we require a new team member to assist in the delivery of Early Careers recruitment. This will enable us to employ the right entry level talent with the right strengths and skills and contribute to the success of the company.
What you’ll do
- You will work as part of collaborative recruitment team to help deliver the Capgemini UK apprentice recruitment and graduate requirements
- Work with our Apprentice and Graduate Recruitment Team to manage our candidate pipeline through our selection process from point of application to offer
- Evaluate candidate’s digital interviews and liaise with hiring managers to agree final shortlist for assessment centres
- Be point of contact for any candidate queries
- Collaborate with our stakeholders to plan assessment centres, which you’ll facilitate
- Work very closely with internal stakeholders to develop excellent relationships and fulfil their demand – becoming a trusted recruitment partner aligned to that area of the business
- Build excellent relationships with our UK-based recruitment support team
- Create and deliver innovative attraction and engagement solutions to support hard to fill roles and locations
- Help the wider Graduate and Apprentice Recruitment and Programme team as required
Note: You will have lived in the UK for the last five years with no more than 6 months out of the country (in order to meet security clearance requirements).
What you’ll bring
- Experience in recruiting apprentices and/or graduates in-house or for clients
- Collaborative Spirit – Capgemini focus a lot on collaboration and team work. We thrive on achieving results through teamwork
- Self-driven, organised, calm under pressure, confident and have a great work ethic to complete tasks and succeed
- Further using your collaborative skills to work with your off-shore counterparts and being flexible in terms of different working styles
- Good understanding of customer care and demonstrating it through stakeholders and a great candidate experience
- Being a credible person within the team, to stakeholders, candidates and external companies, making sure you convey yourself in a mature and professional manner at all times
- Confident in dealing with people and networking, being able to build relationships quickly and leverage support amongst your network
- Being able to put your logical thinking into practice as volume recruitment is very process driven
- A creative problem solver that can come up with bold ideas and not afraid to share them and embracing change
- Excellent verbal and written communication are a must have! You will be communicating with professionals at all levels
- A good understanding of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Your time management skills and prioritisation of tasks will be vitally important in this role as you will have responsibility and take ownership of everything you do
- You will need to be flexible in terms of travel as assessment centres and events could be across the UK. Also. flexible and agile in your role, as you could get involved in different projects and demands of the business and be able to adapt quickly
- Desirably, a strong social media passion and appetite to grow your internal and external brand
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.