An overview of the role:
We are currently seeking a top performing Duck Creek Technical Lead Developer to join our successful Insurance Practice.
This is a permanent requirement within our Financial Services Business Unit and the successful consultants will be based in the UK and expected to travel.
You’ll need to have demonstrable experience of Duck Creek Products along with a strong understanding of Duck Creek in general. You’ll take full responsibility to engage with business analysts, IT stakeholders and the development teams to support the translation of requirements into accurate Software Specifications and lead the team capable of developing the software to meet the requirements. Furthermore, they will have to be able to clearly articulate their approach and deliverables to potential clients.
We’re really keen to hear from you if you have experience working in a scrum / agile environment.
We’re happy to receive applications from candidates across all levels of experience who are interested in a permanent, fulltime role. All positions are based in the UK, with travel required to client locations throughout our network.
We are passionate about bringing deep industry experience, innovative service offerings and next generation global delivery to serve the financial services industry. Working closely with our clients, our consulting professionals design, build and implement strategies that can help enhance business performance. They develop specialized expertise — strategic, industry, functional, technical — in a diverse project environment that offers multiple opportunities for career growth. While the specific type of consulting work they do can vary, it generally aligns to management consulting, systems integration consulting, or technology consulting.
Why this role?
Your responsibilities will include:
• Ensures design, build and implementation of work product
• Participates in requirements elicitation and validation of architecture
• Creates and reviews all levels of design
• Assigns and reviews tasks for work product implementation
• Experience of more than one insurance product
• Basics of architecture and design fundamentals
• Build, troubleshoot, and implement
o COTS tools
• Understand project lifecycle activities for development, support and maintenance
• Understanding of one or more estimation methodologies
• Quality processes understanding and experience
• Basics of insurance domain to understand the business requirements
• Development and design tasks include:
You’ll bring the following:
• Strong Analytical abilities.
• Strong technical skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Mentor Senior System Analysts and System Analysts
• Ability to work in a multiple/diverse stakeholder environment (i.e. People coordination)
• Tomcat and/or Websphere
• Duck Creek Certification preferred
• Working knowledge in at least one JEE framework (preferred but not required)
• Rating integration (preferred but not required)
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious
about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.