An overview of the role:
We are currently seeking a top performing Business Analyst with hands on experience in Duck Creek Policy and Billing to join our successful Insurance Practice.
Duck Creek Claims experience would be a plus.
This is a permanent requirement within our Financial Services Business Unit and the successful consultants will be based in London and expected to travel.
You’ll need to have demonstrable experience of Duck Creek Products along with a strong understanding of Duck Creek in general. You will have excellent stakeholder management skills and be comfortable gathering business requirements and liaising with the technical teams to effectively implement changes.
We’re really keen to hear from you if you have experience working with a range of technologies in a scrum / agile environment.
We’re happy to receive applications from candidates across all levels of experience who are interested in a permanent, fulltime role. All positions are based in London, but travel will be required to client locations throughout our network.
We are passionate about bringing deep industry experience, innovative service offerings and next generation global delivery to serve the financial services industry. Working closely with our clients, our consulting professionals design, build and implement strategies that can help enhance business performance. They develop specialized expertise—strategic, industry, functional, technical—in a diverse project environment that offers multiple opportunities for career growth. While the specific type of consulting work they do can vary, it generally aligns to management consulting, systems integration consulting, or technology consulting.
Why this role?
Your responsibilities will include:
• Business Analyst with strong experience in P&C Insurance domain and experience in Duck Creek Policy and Billing.
• 3 -7 years prior experience in requirements gathering and analysis
• Identify, establish, and maintain beneficial working relationships with stakeholders to enable the effective delivery of Business Analysis services.
• Strong knowledge of Policy and billing admin processing.
• Strong experience in interfacing with customer business stakeholders and elicit requirements for the program.
• Perform research on the feasibility of change to enable the Product Owner/SME to have confidence that the proposed solution will solve the identified problem or opportunity.
• Model the business and business processes to aid understanding of the business needs, perform analysis against the business process to clarify the impacts of proposed solutions to establish costs, risk and options and make appropriate recommendations.
• Experience in documenting the customer requirements and prepare User Stories and conceptual sprint plans.
• Identify the DC Policy and Billing product customization/configuration requirements from the customer and the deviation from Out Of The Box (OOTB) and guide the business/technical teams for implementation.
• Knowledge of interfaces from/to DC Policy and Billing product and mapping requirements.
• Apply analytical skills to elicit, validate and prioritize accurate business requirements and present these requirements in a manner that is concise, traceable, and flexible.
• Produce, and agree with stakeholders; work packages, estimates, and analysis plans that meet the needs and scope of the requirements and identify key dependencies.
• Review, evaluate and support solutions to ensure that they satisfy the requirements and specifications in line with IT Governance Standards.
• Communicate expectations with stakeholders, business sponsors, project teams, and vendor resources to ensure project and business objectives are met and that defined and agreed scope is controlled.
You’ll bring the following:
• Functional/domain background and experience in Insurance, Personal and/or Commercial Insurance with focus on Motor, Property and/or Casualty
• Experience in the Information Technology industry with consulting experience, preferably client facing
• Ability to liaise with client personnel to gather various business requirements
• Able to respectfully challenge customers to think about different options
• Ability to provide recommendations and discuss pros and cons. Support stakeholders in decision making
• Excellent understanding of Duck Creek Products and Duck Creek Best Practices
• Hands-on experience in scripting documents like User Story Cards, As Is-To be Models, Business/Functional Requirement Document, Business/Product Plan, Field Level Specs, Impact / Gap Analysis for Change Requests, Process/Business Flow Diagrams, Business Flow Diagrams, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and Multi-Tier Mapping Documents.
• Excellent communication skills – preparation and delivery of presentations and reports
• Able to work in a team and help assist other team members to develop skills
• Experience on handling UI/UX changes to optimize various user journeys to ensure usability and providing Prototypes/Wireframes during the workshops.
• Stakeholder management (ongoing, active engagement with all stakeholders)
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
• Good to have exposure on responding to Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Information (RFI), Presenting Orals, drafting Statement of Work (SOW), Proof of Concepts (POC), Point of View (POV), White papers and creating various Accelerators and Framework to optimize efforts.
• Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PSM, CSM, SAFe or equivalent will be a good to have
• Good to have, certified in any of the following – Duck Creek or/and Business Analysis (IIBA, BCS or ISEB) or/and Insurance (AINS, ARM, AIC, AU, Are, Cert CII, Dip CII)
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious
about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.