Who you’ll be working with
Through a global network of more than 25,000 professionals, Capgemini’s Financial Services Strategic Business Unit (FS SBU) delivers deep domain expertise and enhanced service offerings to some of the world’s top financial services institutions.
The Application Development & Maintenance practice is the largest practice within Capgemini Financial Services, with a headcount of 6000+ servicing 500+ clients globally.
ADM is the primary home for delivery-focused individuals, and as such we have established a number of partnerships with the wider industry including Microsoft, IBM, Sun and Oracle – to name but a few – with whom we collaborate on a regular basis to bring new and innovative solutions to the market.
Given our diverse skillset, ADM is involved in all aspects of client work within the financial services sector, and aims to provide exciting and challenging work to our employees, whilst also ensuring individuals have a defined progression path combined with a certification process that allows them to manage their development and careers at Capgemini.
The focus of your role
Major banks and insurance companies are outsourcing transformation programmes on a regular basis to Capgemini. In most cases, these are highly complex programmes that have major impacts on the multiple business lines of our clients. We use new technologies, and several Capgemini business units work together in a “distributed delivery model” to deliver such programmes.
It’s important that we have the right people to help deliver these programmes. Are you one of those people?
What you will be doing
In this role you ll be helping to deliver payments transformation programmes including multi country implementation of leading payments products for large banks
- As a Engineer you will develop highly performant micro services at an enterprise level
- You have good experience in Net and Azure Develop highly performant APIs at enterpriise level
- Use test driven domain driven development methodology to deliver the code
- Work closely with Architects Developers Security and Clients on software and system optimizations helping to identify and remove potential code performance bottlenecks
- Collaborate with your peers as a subject matter expert on Cloud SysOps DevOps Release Management Automation and Infrastructure as a Service IaaS IPaaS
What you will bring to the role
Mandatory Skills and experience
- 3 years of hands on experience in API development using NET and Azure
- Enjoy putting team commitments first and assisting to position the team to be successful
- Strongly believe in and support team collaboration and enjoy contributing in ways to assist in team wins
- Strong written and verbal communication skills Demonstrate critical thinking logical reasoning and problem solving skills are mandatory
Nice to have skills and experience
- Open Banking experience
- Good understanding of and experience with Design patterns with Cloud and Microservice Design patterns being preferred
- Understanding and implementation experience in event driven and streaming systems Understanding and experience in using multiple protocols such as Protobuf JSON GRPC Etc
- Understanding of the many technologies used in delivering highly performant API based architectures across the entire landscape of both development and execution
- Knowledge in CI CD in addition to the principles of when and how services should be versioned to facilitate enterprise worldwide consumption of our many customers
- Understand and ideally experience in delivery of services via Kubernetes
- Understand and ideally experience in a Service Mesh
- Working knowledge of Linux including shell scripting and basic system administration
- Knowledge of Ansible is a plus
- Experience with using monitoring tools like App Dynamics Wily Introscope Grafana and log management tools like Splunk Prometheus
- Experience with unit integration testing TestNG BDD code review processes and defect management
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science advanced degrees preferred
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.