Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent, we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
The Business Technology practice is one of the leading CIO advisory and technology transformation teams in the UK and Europe. Our high calibre management consultants deliver profitable outcomes in business and IT-oriented environments, working in a collaborative way with major FTSE 100 and Government clients to achieve their strategic goals effectively.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor page.
An overview of the role:
This is an opportunity to join an exciting and fast-growing CIO advisory practice that is spearhead of a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology, and engineering services. We take our clients on a journey from strategy to solutions that:
- Help them embrace and drive significant value from new technologies
- Achieve better cost discipline across their technology and digital investments
- Create lean, agile and market-leading operating models
- Deliver digital solutions reliably at scale, cheaper and faster
- Create better digital experience for customers and employees
- Transform their legacy architecture and embrace new technology innovations
- Maintain security and resilience of their systems
We’re seeking a Director level candidate to join the team to lead and strengthen our consulting go to market in IT Performance Improvement. You will be part of the practice leadership team and you’ll help drive our go-to-market plans, our growth strategy and shape our offers in this space. You will also be responsible for growing our people, developing our CIO advisory capability and leading sales and delivery work with new and existing clients.
You’ll generate new business and sell and deliver in excess of £2m per annum of management consulting work across our private sector industries, with a focus on consumer products, retail, distribution, energies and utilities clients.
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
You’ll bring experience in winning, delivering and leading CIO Advisory projects with a focus on designing and leading strategic technology programmes that cover technology strategy, operating model redesign and IT restructuring, particularly in the context of post-merger integrations, divestitures, carve-outs and spin-offs within one or more of Energies & Utilities, Consumer Products, Retail, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Telecommunication or Media companies. You’ll demonstrate a passion for transforming businesses through enabling technology and transforming the way clients operate.
You will have:
- Extensive experience of working at senior levels, as a trusted advisor to CIO’s and CXO’s
- Strong consulting background
- A track record of leading technology and digital strategy engagements from advisory through to design and delivery of restructuring programmes
- Expertise in conducting due diligence and creating due diligence reports to determine the technology implications of an M&A event
- Proven track record of developing target IT design post M&A, TSA preparation and negotiation, transition planning and execution
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
• Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
• Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
• Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
• Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
• Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
• Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 9th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Whilst you will have London or Manchester as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/