We have an exciting opportunity for a Director to join our Insights & Data Practice in Hong Kong
· Develop/refine Insights & Data architecture for the client covering the complete range from Data Integration/Ingestion till Data Visualization. This should be done across a range of technologies such as in Cloud, Advanced analytics including Big Data platforms, Data Science/analytics modeling platforms such as SAS, R etc.
· Work with the client to build BI/Advanced analytics strategies, assist with database design, develop predictive modeling, data mining, web analytics, and analytics modeling with Python scripts
· Craft the appropriate solutions for client’s business needs after careful evaluation of options, develop proposals to illustrate business value provided by the technical solutions.
Presales and business development
· Develop and implement business intelligence architecture plans, assess cost and feasibility of system requests and ensure the plan supports both strategic and near-term needs.
· Internal Business Development – BI Stream
· Assess customer current level of BI services and help generate greater value from the BI solution by exploring Advanced analytics use cases
· Collaborate with internal business stakeholders (customers), vendors, industry consultants and senior company management to define information needs, develop business cases and priorities, and manage service levels.
· Create and maintain productive relationships with vendors and consultants to resolve operational issues, execute approved initiatives, secure input, and counsel on new initiatives, and liaise with software vendors wherever needed.
· Mentor, coach and lead other architects and consultants in the team in relation to BI/Analytics projects
· Review and coach on Architecture, and technical solution components conduct technical reviews to improve productivity and efficiency
· Help instill a culture of continuous improvement in the quality of delivery
· Assist Project Managers by providing inputs on architecture/technical activities, detail the technical activities and help manage the work packages with the consultants
· 12+ years of experience in Analytics implementations including BI/Data Warehousing and Big Data/Advanced analytics projects. Must have delivered projects with Data Visualization best practices with traditional and emerging BI tools.
· Adept at eliciting and articulating Big Data and advanced analytics use cases
· Must have experience building business cases/value realization models to illustrate business benefits
· Prior experience working in a System Integrator (SI) environment
· Strong full cycle presales experience
· Ability to utilize critical thinking skills, perform strategic planning and conduct project management.
· Meet with/present to C-Level and prepare with thoroughness for each customer interaction to capably react to unexpected client requirement and leverage your broad experience to help ensure the long-term success of our top-tier customers.
· Experience working with multiple disparate data sources in various BI technology, understanding of data modeling techniques
· Experience with advanced BI topics such as complex calculations, table calculations, parameters, geographic mapping, and performance optimization
· Experience leading a small team of onshore/offshore developers and providing mentorship is required
· Excellent client interaction, problem-solving & communication skills
· Experience working in an agile environment is required