At Capgemini Group, we are proud of our purpose “Unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future”. Our success is measured through our value creation, and our overall positive impact.
As the innovation and transformation powerhouse of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs to embrace innovation and transformation and get the future they want. Our 10,000+ strong global team combines strategy, technology, data science, and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we partner with our clients to innovate and transform their business, helping them navigate today, while plotting a course for the future.
The focus of your role
In a world of globalization and constant innovation, organizations are facing major disruptions that require HR to help transform the way they think and act. We empower our clients to achieve high performance from emerging technologies through investing in their Talent.
It’s an exciting time to join our Workforce Transformation Team as we grow together to keep up with client demand and launch offerings to the market. In your role, you will partner with our clients to deliver outcomes through shaping the Future of Work and Transforming the capability of their People.
What you’ll do
Partnering with our clients across all industries from Public Sector to Financial Services (Banking & Insurance), Manufacturing to Automotive, Life Sciences to Telco or Utilities, you will be generating new ideas and conceptual frameworks to help solve problems, provide hands-on delivery and create insightful fact-based findings and recommendations.
Furthermore, you will take an active role within our practice, working together to co-create an inclusive, future-fit function, that we love working for and our clients both enjoy and value partnering with.
What you’ll bring
- Have at least 10 years of working experience in consultancy or leading firms.
- Have proven track records in HR transformation, change management of organizations, in digital HR processes such as retaining people, reskilling staff, training, operating model and workforce transition.
- Have elaborate experience in developing and implementing strategies that enable an organization to cope with changing circumstances in an efficient way.
- Possess strong general consulting skills and can overcome internal barriers through drive and determination.
- Have proven experience of building and developing medium sized consulting or similar teams.
- Have a track record of business generation, practice building and ongoing client relationships across multiple assignments.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, are results-oriented and have a can-do mentality.
- You have very strong interpersonal skills, including, but not limited to, verbal and written communication skills up to CxO level.
- You can empathize with clients in politically challenging environments, can work under pressure within given timeframes.
- You are a digital native, are eager to learn and want to grow rapidly in our organization.
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.