Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor Page.
An overview of the role:
Demand for our services in the energy and utilities sector is growing significantly. Alongside our core capabilities of strategy and operating model, customer experience transformation, asset and operations transformation and business improvement and cost reduction, the need to understand, design and implement transformational change in response to the decarbonisation of the energy sector, new economic models, new regulatory pressures and new technologies is increasing.
As part of our exciting growth agenda, we are seeking an experienced Director to join our team of highly talented consultants. Working on the pursuit and delivery of major consulting engagements and managing major client relationships and accounts within the energy networks sector, providing subject matter insight, expertise and leadership, whilst developing our people and capability.
Why this role?
This is an exciting leadership role at the heart of the Capgemini business, addressing the fundamental needs of our energy clients and delivering meaningful societal change.
Key responsibilities include:
- To help build the Capgemini Invent Energy Networks sector business
- To develop deep trust-based relationships with our clients, to build and manage our position in major accounts and to create demand for services from across the Capgemini Group
- To sell and deliver major transformational consulting engagements
- To work with the energy and utilities sector leadership team to build the team that will service our clients
- To develop methods and assets, in conjunction with our Global network, in support of our Energy Networks teams
- To bring the power of the global Capgemini organisation to drive improved account delivery and client success
As a Director in the business you’ll help set the strategy and plan for our sector, driving forward the business, model our values and behaviours and coach and develop junior members of the team.
You will be someone who is excited by working on challenging projects and building a team and business that will grow together. You will be someone that:
- Has previous experience in Energy Networks project delivery, with recent experience in a consulting practice.
- A strong understanding of what drives project and operational performance and experience in deploying scalable business and technology solutions
- Is able to build enduring relationships, at all levels of an organisation based on high integrity and high trust
- Brings existing relationships from the sector that will support the growth of our business
- Can manage a client account, taking full responsibility of the account management process from “strategy to cash”
- Has the ability to collaboratively create commercial solutions, taking a client issue, and working with the client and Capgemini to create a solution that the client can approve and execute
- Creates a compelling vision for this business that will inspire others, both to join the team, but also to gain the trust and backing of the wider Capgemini team
- Is comfortable in constructing and agreeing consulting contracts with values of £500k – £5m
- Is commercially astute, understands commercial risk and vigilant on managing this risk
Utilising a combination of the organisation’s broader pre-existing relationships, company relationships and your own network, you’ll be generating and delivering c.£2m of consulting revenues per annum.
We are a rapidly growing Energy & Utilities sector that blends strategy, consulting, innovation, technology and engineering capabilities to help our clients to transform their businesses and deliver exceptional results.
As a Director in the Energy Networks sub-sector, you will be addressing the fundamental needs of our energy clients and delivering meaningful societal change in our journey to net zero.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious
about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/