Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition, and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world.
The Telco and Media industries are undergoing major change, with massive opportunities from the likes of IoT and 5G, presenting the opportunity for truly new business models. This results in huge internal cost and workforce transformation needs, in addition to the same digital transformation imperatives facing all industries.
Leveraging Capgemini’s strong network of clients, talent, and assets, Capgemini Invent is ideally positioned to help our clients re-invent their business models, deliver digital transformation, and increase their competitiveness.
With deep industry specialism in Telco, combined with an understanding of business and leading technologies, as well as a highly collaborative working style, you will help shape our Telco Industry Sector within the Telco, Media, Technology and Services market unit.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor page.
An overview of the role:
Capgemini Invent is hiring a Telco Digital Architect. This role will be fundamental in driving forward the digital agenda for our clients and their customers. We are seeking to hire a proven leader to set a visionary direction whilst maximising the market opportunity, drive the development of the team and deliver for our clients.
We are seeking someone that can inspire our more senior client stakeholders and take them on the journey of what is bold and new, while being able to deliver the fundamentals of today, building trust. This role will drive the technology and data vision of our team and the development of that vision with our clients.
The Telco sector within Capgemini Invent is at a stage of rapid growth and opportunity, so we are looking for individuals with the passion and ambition to join this wave and make the most of it, as part of a very enthusiastic and energetic team who like to have some fun whilst doing what we like the most.
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
Why this role?
As a Director in the business you’ll help to continue the growth of the business, whilst modelling our values and behaviours, and coaching and developing junior members of the team.
We’re seeking an expert with the full range of Enterprise Architecture domains: Business, application, data and technology, who can understand how to integrate business and technology strategies into a cohesive roadmap.
Working between the business, digital and IT, you will work on new or existing services that need innovative solutions and potentially radical transformation to provide the digital offerings expected by customers. Often both the delivery approach (customer-centric and agile) and technical solutions need to be proven and will require clear leadership to work collaboratively with our clients to achieve their outcome.
As a member of the Telco team, you will be the go-to person for technology leadership, working directly with the Telco Industry lead and the team to drive innovative propositions and development of thought-provoking points of view. You will be interacting with all levels of client personnel including senior leader and “C-suite” levels.
You will be currently working in a major Consulting firm, and/or in industry but having a Consulting background with:
- Significant consulting experience in Telecoms market, from both Network and Customer Operations, as well as an ecosystem perspective
- Expertise in Telco BSS stacks from business value perspective, architecture, deployment, and operations implications as well as good understanding of the OSS technologies, stacks and business implications
- Good understanding of Telco Enterprise market, B2B and B2B2X models
- Proven ability to be successful in a matrixed organisation and to enlist support and commitment from peers in selling and delivering consulting solutions
- Experience of proposition building and delivery
- Business development – utilising a combination of the organisation’s broader pre-existing relationships, company relationships and your own network, you’ll be generating circa £2m of consulting revenues
- Significant experience in shaping business transformation engagements and developing transformation roadmaps
- Expertise in establishing enterprise architecture governance and providing advisory services to the CXO suite
- Ability to evaluate partner solutions and translate customer challenges into technology propositions working alongside other technical and commercial teams
- Demonstrable experience in go to market approaches and proposition building
- Proactive thinker, being abreast of market developments and capable of translating trends and technology opportunities into consulting propositions
- Experience in developing technology points of view and internal technology evangelisation
- Able to drive customer conversations from technical and business perspective
You’ll be able to enjoy being part of a high performance, geographically distributed delivery team; working alongside others who are enthusiastic about technology and strive to stay current with the latest trends, technologies and business innovations.
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. The Telco Industry within Capgemini Invent is in a moment of steep growth and there are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
• Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
• Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
• Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
• Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
• Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/