Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
The retail and consumer goods sectors are being massively disrupted. New entrants, the explosion of media touchpoints, changing consumer expectations, digital innovation and access to data has changed the playing field for many firms.
Within our Customer Transformation team, you will be working as part of an exciting and dynamic business that enables innovative customer strategies, experience and product design, digital marketing and content execution, and customer engagement, channel, and loyalty transformations.
We are seeking a Director to join Capgemini Invent as a leader within our Customer Transformation team. You’ll be helping our clients deliver an excellent eCommerce experience, utilising technology and optimising business operations within eCommerce, sales, and marketing functions.
Our Customer Transformation team helps our clients across various industries generate growth by becoming an innovative data-driven and customer-centric brand. Our clients need to deliver the experience their customers want, every day, across multiple touch points. The customer experiences they create must reflect their brand positioning—through online and offline experience and content that aligns the company’s purpose with the customer’s needs, in real time.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses, and lives. It’s really rewarding. And it’s also really varied. You’ll work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of experience in a short amount of time. Whilst this work will focus on the retail and consumer goods sectors, there will be the opportunity to work across other sectors in enabling new eCommerce experiences.
Why this role?
Working within the Customer Transformation team you’ll become part of a team that develops next generation solutions to transform global businesses. As a Director in the business you’ll help set the direction, driving forward the business, model our values and behaviours, and coach and develop junior members of the team. You’ll bring the presence and gravitas to initiate, manage and maintain board / senior management relationships, to understand and scope out their challenges and potential solutions and to both sell & deliver top-tier consulting and technology enabled business transformation work.
Key expectations of this role include:
- Shape, design and deliver best-in-class eCommerce proposals and strategies across clients.
- Identify and design the right eCommerce capabilities to drive the strategy implementation and associated business transformation.
- Advise consumer product and retail companies to manage and optimise eCommerce plans to grow sales, turnover, conversation rates, and average order value.
- Provide strategic direction and recommendations to Digital, Marketing, Sales and Category Teams, to address customer friction points, issues and deliver an optimal e-commerce experience.
- Business development – utilising a combination of the organisation’s broader pre-existing relationships, company relationships and your own network, you’ll be generating c.£2m of consulting revenues.
- Lead a team of people and develop/coach direct reports and broader team members.
- Experience in retail and/or consumer goods eCommerce transformation, omnichannel experience strategy, digital engagement strategy, and/or digital execution, digital product and/or service design, content management, marketing, sales, commerce at an established management consulting firm, retailer, or consumer goods firm.
- Strong recent management consulting experience
- A proven track record of proposition building and delivery.
- Strong management consulting experience with proven sales and delivery success in retail and/or consumer goods clients
- Experience leading a complex ecommerce/consulting team – developing talent and achieving organisational goals.
- Proven ability to be successful in a matrixed organisation, and to enlist support and commitment from peers in selling and delivering consulting solutions.
You will join Capgemini Invent and the Customer Transformation practice at an exciting time – able to exert significant influence to form and develop the Ecommerce capability working alongside dynamic consulting and design colleagues.
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. You’ll have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Capgemini’s dedicated development site at Les Fontaines, near Paris, France. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the 9th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.