An overview of the role
We have a pivotal role for a Director of Commercial and Contract Management to join our organisation.
You will be a key member of pursuit teams for new logo and complex renewal efforts. Reviewing and responding to contract terms included in RFP’s and to close contracts for new engagements.
Leading negotiations, partnering with legal, account, sales, delivery and finance commercial leads.
Why this role?
- Lead contracting process, partnering with sales, account, delivery and legal leads on medium and large deals.
- Establish and execute negotiating strategy.
- Contribute to planning and preparation of client meetings, presentations and negotiations and support, participate in or lead in these events.
- Anticipate the negotiation tact of the client and deploy appropriate tactics.
- Engage in review, drafting and marking up contract and other commercial documents as required (e.g. terms & conditions, schedules, service level agreements, etc.). This includes managing a cross functional team for their participation in each client contracting process, including in the areas of finance, solution, delivery, transition, commercial, BCP, IT and legal.
- Collaborate between sales, account, solution, finance and legal teams to ensure that the business is fully aware of all legal risks and Group Legal are satisfied that such risks have received due attention from the business.
- Participates as necessary in group deal reviews.
- Work with Delivery, Finance, Procurement and Legal to understand the subcontractor and third-party ecosystem proposed and to consider any commercial and/or other implications arising from this.
- Work with relevant SMEs to review project deliverables and acceptance criteria, and project timelines and milestones and associated payments to optimise cash flow and reduce risk of penalties / liquidated damages and advise Legal and relevant SMEs as appropriate.
- Ensures that a comprehensive handover is provided to the ongoing delivery team so that they have full understanding of the contractual obligations.
- Identify commercial, financial, service and legal implications and risks as impacted by (draft) contract terms. Challenge delivery, solution, commercial and other team members as necessary and in an appropriate manner to ensure contractual risk is adequately mitigated.
- Contribute to updating Business Services related standard contract templates and promote education on contracting through trainings to relevant teammates
- Experience negotiating global contracts for managed services. A strong understanding of typical terms found in outsourcing contracts (i.e. scope of services, transition, service levels, governance structure, business continuity, charges methodology, etc.).
- Strong understanding of Business and IT-related related services.
- Strong project coordination skills to facilitate the review and completion of large, complex contracts
- Previous roles may include sales, delivery, account management and contract and commercial management.
- Experience working with large legal firms and third-party advisors, such as ISG and Deloitte.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Work Life Harmony
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious
about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm