The focus of your role
Capgemini Financial Services are seeking a Senior Cards / Retail Payments resource with proven consulting and sales experience in the payments space, gained from working in a consulting or banking organization. You will provide the leadership and management to drive the Cards practice to the next plateau and beyond. This is a full-time, permanent position based in UK.
What you’ll do
Consulting Delivery – Leads a team to develop concise and practical recommendations with a clear implementation path. Seeks out client input to better understand needs; develops ideas for how to meet those needs. Understands how to deliver in a Global environment, and the associated complexities. Systematically breaks down complex problems or processes into manageable parts, using advanced techniques and charts. Ability to analyze fitment and estimate the program.
Thought Leadership– Provides leadership to new and emerging best practices in the current business climate and environment. Identifies and develops knowledge assets and introduces processes to improve their leverage. Facilitates development of appropriate Knowledge Management processes, tools and standards.
Practice Leadership – Active member of Practice leadership. Plays key role in attracting broader interest and expertise in the Practice. Seen as the intellectual driver in key areas of the Practice. Must have some operational experience.
In addition, you should:
- Be a key person seen as growing, building and driving teams in the practice
- Drive sales either in lead / proactive or supporting role (responding to RFPs, RFIs and preparing proposals related to the platform)
- Provide leadership to the Solutions team to build IP, Accelerators and Framework
- Drive Capgemini point of view in the market
- Be able to identify delivery issues and provide methods, tools, etc. for improvement for key projects/programs
- Be able to direct and facilitate client communication sessions and workshops. Ability to interact at all levels of clients’ organizations.
- Consistently deliver accurate, clear, and concise messages verbally and/or in writing to effectively inform an audience
What you’ll bring
- Proven experience of working in a similar role
- In-depth knowledge of the cards and payments industry
- An ability to clarify client challenges and identify relevant market and technology trends, with particular knowledge of cards and payments markets issues
- An ability to swiftly develop and sustain a strong rapport with clients and with delivery teams
- An ability to define business and technology solutions which can delivery real benefits to our clients which can be delivered in an agile and iterative way
- An understanding of the commercial, legal and operational aspects of cards and payments solutions
- An understanding of formal delivery methodologies and architecture tools and ability to bridge the gap between these and easy to understand business solution
- A broad knowledge of the operations of a bank or cards business from marketing through to on-boarding and product fulfillment and how they interact
- An ability to understand and identify the application of new technologies to business opportunities
- An ability to help close or lead new pieces of business
- Either experience of supporting business solution definition from within a consultancy or leading change across a business from within an internal business or IT function
- Experience in agile delivery
- Experience in driving innovation into business operations and customer experience
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.