UK based with willingness to travel globally
Who you’ll be working with
The mission of Group IT is to engage with business units, corporate functions, and end users and to provide IT vision, strong leadership, and modern solutions using global technology practices to deliver cost-effective results that directly impact and increase Capgemini shareholder value. Group IT with approximately 2,500 employees is a vital component of the Group which is powered by excellence, continuous improvement, innovation and productivity through teamwork. Group IT drives the digital agenda, works closely with business units to provide tangible benefits, and contributes to increasing shareholder value by achieving its project and financial commitments.
The focus of your role
Reporting to the EVP & Group CIO. The primary function is establishment of a work environment that ensures that the applications and services that employees use on a regular basis make them more effective individually, as well as making teams, workgroups and other communities more effective. This will be accomplished by employing consumer technologies, applying user-experience principles and testing emerging technologies (such as smart machines). The digital workplace leader must be able to influence the reinvention of the workplace — and possibly the workspace — in such a way that employee engagement and agility will increase. End users must have significant input into decisions relating to the selection, combination, exploitation, pre-rollout testing, and use of relevant employee-facing technology.
What you’ll do
- Responsibility and accountability for championing digital workplace initiatives that support Capgemini's transformation to a digital business that enable it to participate in the digital economy
- Direct a team of business change and communications professionals that work at the end user level to ensure adoption of digital workplace technologies.
- You will work with the EVP & Group CIO and other IT and business leaders to establish the digital workplace vision. Socialise and gain buy-in for the vision from key stakeholders. Once the digital workplace vision is established and embraced, the digital workplace leader ensures ongoing visibility and awareness of the vision and leads adjustments when warranted by changes in business conditions.
- Create an execution strategy that promotes employee engagement using consumer-oriented technology services and enables employees to have a greater voice in technology directions and workplace interactions. Promote the digital workplace strategy and achievements to Capgemini customers and during industry events.
- Build and animate strategic partnerships with key partners and leverage a startup ecosystem.
- Organise and leads a digital workplace steering committee to plan and govern digital workplace initiatives across the organisation such as in sales, marketing or customer service, as well as sharing best practices and reviewing program progress.
- Develop mechanisms to understand what consumer technology trends are present in the workplace — or those that should be brought into the workplace. Work closely with colleagues in other domains, delivery practices and establishes a methodology for consistent implementation services, such as procurement, provisioning, deployment, training and promotion.
- Identifiy new kinds, types and sources of consumer-like services to drive business innovation throughout the organisation. Define processes for the effective, integrated introduction of new digital workplace assets.
- Work closely with Group IT Enterprise Architecture to publish and maintain corporate digital workplace architecture, as well as a road map for its future development that matches and supports business needs.
- Work with Group IT Finance to develop financial models that track digital workplace investments and operating costs.
- Focus on boosting collaboration and innovation across all geographies and cultures.
What you’ll bring
- A broad knowledge of all aspects of the various digital workplace initiatives already underway that support the organisation's transformation to a digital business
- Demonstrated knowledge of employee-facing services such as personal and group productivity tools, data discovery, intranets, knowledge management, social networks and technology support
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to work across business lines at senior levels to influence and effect change to achieve common goals
- A proven track record of leading complex, multidisciplinary talent teams in new endeavors and delivering solutions
- Experience in strategic technology planning and execution, as well as policy development and maintenance
- Ability to develop a digital workplace programme, as well as to sell and embed it in all levels of the business
- Fearless — not afraid to suggest or back big ideas
- Tenacious — able to push back and focus the information discovery process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. This includes the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists, and the ability to sell ideas and processes internally at all levels, including the board and investors
- A deep affinity and exceptional flair with consumer gadgets, apps and other technology services, along with the vision to see how they can improve employee agility and engagement
- Experience ideally in business management or IT management and preferably a combination of the two
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.