Digital & Technology Degree Apprenticeship Hybrid Working 2022
Intakes: June, September & November 2022
Who you will be working with
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 310,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, driven by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Key Benefits of a Degree Apprenticeship
• You’ll have a full-time permanent role from day one, and a competitive starting annual salary
• You’ll study part-time for BSc Honours degree in Digital & Technology Solutions degree through Aston University – whilst being able to put your new skills into practice in your day-to-day role
• You’ll be in a supportive environment, you’ll have a community around you of likeminded apprentices who are part of the 4 ½ year programme
• We offer a flexible working atmosphere, and you will be allocated study leave for coursework and exams throughout your degree.
• We’re sponsoring all the costs of your degree – You’ll get the best of both worlds – with all the benefits of a job with a prestigious company and those of being a student at one of the best universities in the UK.
• You’ll start your journey together on an eight-week residential training course where you’ll learn everything you need to know to kick-start your amazing career at Capgemini.
You don’t need to have technical qualifications, but we do ask that you’re as passionate as we are about the ways tech can be applied in the real world.
You may need to be flexible and able to travel to client sites dependant on the role requirements, not every role requires travel. During the first 9 weeks you will experience an induction and training programme in a residential environment with Week 1 based at our Telford offices and then Weeks 2-9 on campus at Aston University.
We have a number of different roles based across the UK. These include Software Developer, Software Test Consultant and Technical Consultant. If you reach the digital assessment stage, we will talent pool you towards the most suitable role based on your background and location preference.
Skills and Experience
• Passion for technology
• Ability and willingness to travel to different offices and client sites
• High analytical capability
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good team working and communications skills
To be eligible, you need:
• 7 GCSEs A*-C including Maths and English (4-9)
Plus one of the following:
• 3 A*-C at A-level (NOTE: AS Levels are not included)
• Completed Advanced Apprenticeship
• BTEC (Pass, Pass, Distinction minimum)
What we will offer you
• With more than 310,000 people in over 50 countries, we still have big ambitions – and we’ll rely on you to help us achieve them
• With us, you will have responsibility from day one. Work alongside and network with experts to gain industry insights and develop your business knowledge. Thrive in a fast-paced, intensely collaborative environment. You’ll have time to develop, be involved, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted
• Professional development and a worthwhile experience with technology and opportunity to work with and learn industry standard technology.
• It’s all part of our commitment to hiring the best people and enabling them to achieve their full potential with us, regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
• To be part of a 360 strong Graduate, Apprentice & Placement community that are supportive and to be part of local social events, giving you access to the MU’s large graduate community
• Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability: we’ll give you multiple opportunities to get involved with the extra activities we call ‘Giving Back’, which means you’ll be involved with fun and charitable events, from the Palace to Palace cycle ride, careers fairs, football tournaments, and much more.
Why we are different
• At Capgemini, we know that one solution doesn’t fit all. We appreciate that outstanding technical solutions become even more outstanding when innovation is applied to a thought-process, we know that the secret to any successful organisation lies not just in the quality of work that it is producing, but in the people, who are behind this work. It is precisely this that makes Capgemini such a force to be reckoned with. Committed to applying ground-breaking technical approaches to organisations across a myriad of industries around the globe, we help our clients become more agile, competitive and successful.
• Working collaboratively, our multidisciplinary people work in partnership with one another to help their clients achieve their goals. And with over 310,000 people and nearly 130 nationalities under our wing, plus an inclusive and diverse community where everyone is welcome, we nurture a team ethos that ensures we are truly representative of the colorful clients that we support.
• This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation is finding the ideal work/life balance. Whether that means part-time work, flexible hours or a condensed week, we will find the right working approach if you are the right person for the job. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of, at Capgemini we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life.