Since 2015, our Digital Delivery Centre has been fulfilling the government’s ‘Digital by Default’ ambitions. It’s about making the digital world a natural place for people to go whenever they want to access public services.
We code in the open, use Mac or Linux and you may use your own equipment. In just 4 years, this dedicated centre, in a quiet, clean-air location close to the beach, gym and shops with an on-site rail station and large car park, has experienced a rapid growth of over 100%.
We work on a client site alongside our client. We need Scala Developers to join us and be part of this exciting & growing Centre covering all experience levels, from those looking for their first change in their careers to experienced developers looking to lead larger pieces of work.
You’ll develop software in a highly collaborative, informal environment without undue paperwork or deployment restrictions with a good work-life balance in a sociable, happy, fun atmosphere. You’ll be a valued member of a multi-disciplinary Agile Scrum Team, and involved in all aspects of development including service design using microservices, coding, testing and a degree of maintenance and support. Your focus will be on delivering well tested software with assistance from your team-dedicated Quality Assurance/Tester(s).
- Use Scala, JSON, Mongo, CI tooling, one-button deploy to AWS Cloud with a DevOps mentality.
- Work from Jira tickets with defined goals & test criteria implementing RESTful microservices.
- Build and maintain digital services within an agile Kanban or Sprint environment.
- Adhere to Government GDS design standards with services that meet well-defined User Needs.
- Have input on the Design, Jira tickets, priorities & test strategies as the team works as one self-managed unit without undue interference.
- Innovate, contribute, and support junior colleagues; we encourage mentoring at all levels.
- Contribute to your teams’ robust automated test suite as part of our test-first principles.
- You’ll be asked to technically lead pieces of work, dependant on experience.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous team & service improvement.
- Share your expertise with a range of technical and non-technical minds at Capgemini and across government in a supportive environment.
- Commercial experience in programming in Scala.
- An understanding of web/agile technologies and RESTful protocols.
- Ideally, an understanding of automated web testing solutions.
- Ideally, knowledge of relational or NoSQL database systems such as Mongo.
Extensive training opportunities, including on-site Scala training with leading external Experts. Ongoing Professional development. Accelerated career progression. Good work-life balance. An environment that encourages innovation & entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. Although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.