Digital QA/Test Analyst – Worthing
The Digital Delivery Centre was set up in 2015 to support HMRC’s Digital by Default ambitions. Following the Agile methodology, the services that we deliver have the user’s needs at the forefront.
We have grown our capacity in the centre by almost 85% in 18 months, and we are now looking for the right candidates to support our future expansion plans.
- You will be working in an Agile Scrum team on the preparation and execution of the test phases (using Test Automation) of one or more release based projects. You will be involved in projects that are varied and
- challenging and require a sound software and system testing skills.
- You will be driving quality deliverables through automation including tools, process, measurement, environment and data
- You will be contributing to the elaboration of user stories in order to achieve viable, testable products with clearly defined acceptance criteria
- You will identify opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques as part of a focus on continuous improvement.
- You will be open and keen to learn new capabilities and operate as a generalising specialist in other fields, e.g. learning development skills.
- Checking and assessing requirements, including assessing testability of designs
- Creating low-level test scripts and setting up test data in conjunction with external systems and teams
- Running tests, collecting and recording results and then retesting to prove that errors identified have been corrected
- Providing regular status reports to the Manager as well as identifying and raising project risks and issues
- Working across and using a number of different platforms, tools and applications including Unix, Oracle, SQL, XML, Weblogic, Excel, SOAP UI and Selenium
- Solid experience of working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban etc)
- Good knowledge of Java or JVM languages such as Scala, Groovy etc
- Expertise with test automation tools and frameworks
- UI testing – Selenium or any equivalent front-end browser based testing framework
- API testing – web services / RESTful (using RestAssured or similar)
- Gherkin based BDD framework (such as Cucumber)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong problem-solving & collaborative skills
- Excellent understanding of non-functional requirements, test analysis, software engineering principles and continuous improvement methods
- Understanding scope and limitations of different test types
- Defect management and Triage process
- Understanding of the benefits and differences between UI/API/Integration and Unit testing
- A good understanding of the following testing approaches:
- Test data creation and management strategies
- Exploratory Testing
- Automated Testing
- Load / Soak / Performance Testing
- Usability Testing
- Security Testing
- Operational Testing (Stability/Backup and Recovery/DR)
- Good working knowledge of the following:
- User story creation and elaboration
- Understanding of how physical architecture affects QA
- Continuous Delivery
- Experience in using the Atlassian product suite is preferable (e.g. JIRA, Confluence)
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
This role is open to our returners programme