Worthing or Shipley/Leeds
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
The Digital Delivery Centre was set up in 2015 to support the client’s Digital by Default ambitions. Following the Agile methodology, the services that we deliver have the user’s needs at the forefront. We have grown our capacity in the centre by almost 85% in 18 months, and we are now looking for the right candidates to support our future expansion plans.
The focus of your role
Work with the team to create and run one or more outstanding digital services that meet well-defined user needs, in line with the Digital by Default Service Standard;
What you’ll do
• Work with the Digital Service Manager to develop and communicate the overall vision of the product being developed; Work with business analysts, user researchers and designers to turn usage data, user research outputs and user feedback into actionable insights that drive service design and prioritisation of service improvements for digital and assisted digital channels Represents the needs and desires of the stakeholder community to one or more Agile Delivery Teams, being the first source of information about the problem domain for the Team. Represents the work of the Agile Delivery Team to the stakeholder community.
• Use agile methodologies to identify near-term and long-term priorities, work with your Agile Delivery Manager/Scrum Master to maximise visibility of those plans, and enable your team to release frequent service improvements that deliver real value for users
• Direct the development of user-driven prototypes to test potential new features with users in order to explore potential improvements to the existing service;
• Prioritise and maintain the Product backlog, collaborating with Business Analysts and Developers to create and refine user stories that deliver valuable digital services; w/w Stakeholders (and Feature Owners) generates Product Backlog in Inception phase Clearly expresses Product Backlog items Prioritizes requirements defects, other items in Product Backlog according to business value and technical risk
• Ensure the maximum possible take-up of your digital service and specify/manage the requirements for assisted digital activity to supplement this;
• Actively participate in networking and training with Service Managers and Product Managers (inside and outside government) and share agile best practice and learning;
• Build resilience and responsiveness in the organisation by being open and honest about risks and challenges and the actions required to address unexpected developments
• Keep continually abreast of changes to user habits, preferences and behaviours across various digital platforms, and their implications for successful delivery of digital services
• Represents the needs and desires of the stakeholder community to one or more Agile Delivery Teams, being the first source of information about the problem domain for the Team. Represents the work of the Agile Delivery Team to the stakeholder community. The Product Managers decisions are visible in the content and ordering of the Product Backlog
What you’ll bring
• Strong requirements and business analysis skills , Agile methodologies & techniques.
• Jira & Confluence
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
This role is open to applications through our Relaunch@Capgemini programme for individuals who have been on a Career Break of between 2 and 10 years. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but please do apply for the vacancy that best meets your area of expertise. Further details on the programme can be found at https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/careers/relaunchcapgemini/
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.