About the role
Digital Product Manager
Location: Anywhere in UK
Capgemini’s in-house agency, MACS (Marketing And Creative Services), has over 70 copywriters, marketers, designers and developers from a wide variety of backgrounds and 10+ different nationalities.
We are looking for a Digital Product Manager to join us, fuel our continued growth and to strengthen our ability to conceptualize, design and deliver compelling mobile and web experiences for the Capgemini Group, its specialized brands, and for leading international companies.
Based in Krakow, Poland, the Digital Product Manager will work cross-functionally to lead product development from concept to launch, bridging the gap between technical requirements and business objectives. We will look to you to optimize product management by taking charge of complex problems and turning them into practical steps that drive product development in MACS.
What you will do
At MACS, being a Digital Product Manager means:
● Being an expert in your field. You have years of experience in shaping, developing and
managing a wide portfolio of web and mobile products, preferably across B2B platforms. You use that experience to seamlessly form product development plans for enterprise solutions that consider business needs, technical requirements and production capabilities.
● Leading complex business or technology solutions and guiding key stakeholders. Our clients’ objectives are often complex – we’ll look to you to partner with them and form roadmaps for product development that not only meet currently observed needs, but future-state requirements. You will lead product development by creating best-in-class process workflows, balancing process compliance and production, and directly managing a portfolio of products.
● Managing stakeholders, budgets, teams, and risks. You’ll be involved at every stage of the process – from the first contact with our clients (internal stakeholders and external clients), through to briefing, proposal writing, and cost estimation, all the way through to day-to-day client contact, budget management and working with Designers, Developers and content writers. If there are risks on the horizon, you’ll identify and confront them, and you’ll communicate openly and responsibly to all stakeholders.
● Model and lead workflows for Designers and Developers from concept creation through to delivery. You’ll understand the different needs and expectations of Designers and Developers, be familiar with the methodologies and tools used by both, and will be able to manage projects that involve multiple skill sets.
● Delivering a professional and comprehensive level of service to our stakeholders – from start to finish, and beyond. You’ll likely be the only person that is present from start to finish on projects, which means you’ll need to provide a reassuring presence throughout the product lifecycle, from taking the right brief at the start, building a project plan, overseeing work,
ensuring ‘on brief’ delivery, building the supporting documentation (user guides and technical)
and implementing appropriate SLAs.
● Build and manage a pipeline of work. In your client-facing role, you’ll help to create a pipeline of work by building a strong network and relationships within the organization and promoting our services. At the same time, you’ll work with our teams to prioritize and plan work in such a way that is satisfactory and realistic for all parties.
● Improve digital operations. You will own not only a product catalogue, but also oversee digital project operations, instilling best practices, process improvements, KPIs and tools to help automate and standardize the way that digital projects and products are managed.
What the role offers
● Interesting and stable job in a vibrant atmosphere as part of a truly international team
(13 nationalities) of marketers, writers, designers, developers and dedicated project
● Competitive salary with attractive benefits package
● A training budget and access to a rich range of tools and training resources
● Opportunity for personal development in an international environment
● Friendly, welcoming working environment populated by expats, recent grads and
● The opportunity to be part of a growing team, with big ambitions.
Qualifications and Experience needed
What you absolutely need to have
● Minimum 4 years experience in a digital Product Management role
● Minimum 2 years experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 5-10
team members, including Designers, Developers, and Testers
● Native, or fluent-level, English (written and spoken) with natural ability to present ideas orally and in writing.
● Familiarity and experience using project management tools (.e.g. Jira or Teamwork.com)
● The ability to apply and explain strategic business thinking to design and technical
● Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies and business analysis within
enterprise-level application development projects. PSM, CSM, or equivalent preferred
● Experience managing senior-level stakeholders and building and managing proposals,
budgets and all aspects of project reporting.
● Solid understanding of software development lifecycle models as well as expert
knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles, and the ability
to blend them in the right proportions to fit a specific project and business environment
● Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
● Proven track record of working in a high-pressure, deadline-driven work setting
● Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly communicate
technical and strategic directions and recommendations to clients and internal team
● Strong interpersonal skills – specifically an ability to take on board the views of several
different stakeholders and to challenge, where necessary, existing hypotheses
● Great self-management skills and a commitment to working as part of a team.
● Sufficient level of technical background to provide credible leadership to development
teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and
What would really help your application
● A university degree with a preferred emphasis on Project Management within an
Interactive/Digital environment or Human-Computer Interaction and Design.
● Experience in working directly with clients (e.g. establishing objectives, envisioning user
journeys, challenging existing perceptions).
● Experience in consulting with clients, presenting ideas to senior stakeholders and/or
facilitating workshops with key stakeholders.
● Experience or strong interest in designing or directing visual user interfaces for web
pages and/or native mobile apps.
● Knowledge of the latest trends and methodologies (e.g. current UX design principles and
UI design patterns).
● Familiarity with UX/UI tools and techniques (wireframing, research collation tools, etc.).
● Experience working in a B2B setting (preferably international).
● Proactive approach with the ability to put forward new ideas.
What we offer
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.