A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
The UK Government is one of the most digitally advanced in the world, recently coming top of the 2016 United Nations E-Government and E-Procurement surveys. Despite the progress, citizens feel that the country works for those who govern and not for citizens themselves. People want a more responsive state, they want change and they want it at pace and at scale. UK government has a bold IT vision based on user centric design, agile development, open source software, continuous delivery, infrastructure automation, cloud computing and a DevOps culture. What it needs is people to help put this vision into practice. What it needs is people like you
UX Designers work with user researchers and front-end developers, designing in the browser, to deliver highly user focused and successful services. UX designers produce design concepts for digital services, often working to very tight deadlines, and work with front end developers to implement those concepts.
The ideal candidate will have a love of the web and its possibilities, a passion for design and its history and an understanding of how form and function work together. You will proactively seek new learning opportunities and welcome constructive criticism of your work.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver highly user focused and successful digital services;
- Produce design concepts for digital services, often working to very tight deadlines, and work with front end developers to implement those concepts;
- Work with user researchers to ensure all output, internal and external, is well designed and user focused;
- Design and create communication material ensuring all elements are well designed, consistent and user focused;
- Partner with colleagues to facilitate a consistent user experience, including by designing reusable elements of a digital service;
- Build relationships and work effectively within an agile delivery model with colleagues and external providers, for example user researchers and business analysts;
- Deliver high quality finished digital service designs that meet web standards and GDS/GOV.UK design principles, ensuring that elements such as accessibility are built into designs from the outset;
- Proactively seek new learning opportunities and look to continually improve by gaining feedback from your peers and the business;
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externall
- Practical experience in designing interfaces and transaction flows for the web;
- Ability to prototype for the web & design in browser;
- A good basic understanding of web technologies and how they affect design, including accessibility;
- Experience of web and mobile application interface design. Core skills: sketching, design production, hand-coded HTML & CSS, rapid prototyping;
- Responsive web interactions design for mobile devices.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.