The Digital Delivery Centre was set up to support HMRC’s Digital by Default ambitions. Following the Agile methodology, the services that we deliver have the user’s needs at the forefront. We have rapidly grown our capacity in the centre and we are now looking for the right candidates to support our future expansion plans.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly.
As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London.
If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
Designers work with user researchers and front-end developers, designing in the browser, to deliver highly user focused and successful services. UX designers produce design concepts for digital services, often working to very tight deadlines, and work with front end developers to implement those concepts.
The ideal candidate will have a love of the web and its possibilities, a passion for design and its history and an understanding of how form and function work together. You will proactively seek new learning opportunities and welcome constructive criticism of your work.
As an interaction designer you will:
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver highly user focused and successful digital services;
• Produce design concepts for digital services, often working to very tight deadlines, and work with front end developers to implement those concepts;
• Work with user researchers to ensure all output, internal and external, is well designed and user focused;
• Design and create communication material ensuring all elements are well designed, consistent and user focused;
• Partner with colleagues to facilitate a consistent user experience, including by designing reusable elements of a digital service;
• Build relationships and work effectively within an agile delivery model with colleagues and external providers, for example user researchers and business analysts;
• Deliver high quality finished digital service designs that meet web standards and GDS/GOV.UK design principles, ensuring that elements such as accessibility are built into designs from the outset;
• Proactively seek new learning opportunities and look to continually improve by gaining feedback from your peers and the business;
• Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally.
• Practical experience in designing interfaces and transaction flows for the web;
• Ability to prototype for the web & design in browser;
• A good basic understanding of web technologies and how they affect design, including accessibility;
• Experience of web and mobile application interface design. Core skills: sketching, design production, hand-coded HTML & CSS, rapid prototyping;
• Responsive web interactions design for mobile devices.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Find out more and apply