Digital Business Analyst, Glasgow / London
Our market-leading clients are exploring how new business opportunities can be inspired from, and driven by, technology. With pressure to keep costs under control, and to realise business benefits, the Future of Technology team within Capgemini Invent exists to drive this business transformation with our clients.
We understand that technology-driven business transformation requires cross-functional teams who can work together, testing-and-learning, driving continuous business performance improvement. Turning this vision to reality requires leadership, a clear strategy, careful stakeholder engagement and delivery excellence.
Often the challenge is knowing where to start.
Where can businesses see the most return on initial investment?
Our clients look to Capgemini Invent for advice and strategy on leading technologies and trust us to be able to be hands-on to deliver as well.
The focus of your role
Help our clients understand and explore how, where and why to apply new digital technologies & platforms. Advising, designing and delivering excellent products and services for our clients to transform their businesses and deliver real value.
Work as part of a multi-disciplinary Agile Scrum team, having responsibility for understanding user needs, working closely with our business partners, translating problems or requirements into user stories and defining acceptance criteria.
Be highly customer focused and responsible for building stakeholder relationships and using your analytical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills to help achieve the Scrum teams’ goals.
What you will bring
- Experience in a user-centred product or service development projects.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary Agile Scrum team, facilitating and supporting the end-to-end delivery, from research and design through to development and testing.
- Ability to lead the translation of user needs and business requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Ability to be the intermediary between both business requirements and user needs, and between waterfall and Agile delivery.
- Proficient in the use of requirements capturing methodology toolsets e.g. JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience in technical business analysis with a familiarity of architectural concepts such as microservice and legacy architecture, API’s and cloud infrastructure.
- Responsible for building highly collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships, with both the ability to deal with conflict management and to influence key stakeholders.
- Support and lead scrum team activities and ceremonies to ensure delivery of team goals.
- Support effective business analysis through analytical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have experience with Government Digital Service (GDS) design standards.
What we can offer you
- Capgemini Invent offers a cultural environment for consultants to learn, to take ownership and contribute to business growth
- Our consultants are formally trained from industry experts on management consulting and client delivery. Examples of these include Agile delivery (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Scaled Agile Framework) and technologies (AWS, Azure) and Cyber security (CISSP, CISM)
- Client engagements give you the opportunity to work with our leadership and experienced consulting management, where you can learn from them, challenge them and accelerate your hands-on experience, delivery capability and industry insights.
- You’ll learn how we write compelling client propositions, structure and lead high-profile transformation, and gain hands-on exposure to leading technologies, often taking an idea from a concept to a vision, to strategy and then execution
- Les Fontaines: Capgemini Invent has a unique training environment just outside of Paris, where we can immerse ourselves in thought-leadership, share knowledge and build capabilities which will help us and our clients to succeed.
- We hold monthly showcases of our digital transformation initiatives, sharing knowledge and showing off how the power of technology is impacting our clients.
- There are monthly team drinks, and it’s a chance to connect face-to-face with the wider team over a few drinks in the city. The monthly team breakfasts give you a different, more relaxed setting to meet up in the office on Fridays to hear from the leadership, meet colleagues and discuss the trends and insights within the market. Team away days are always a chance to connect with the team, have fun and learn something new – sometimes even pizza-making or shuffle boarding
- At Capgemini Invent we pride ourselves on our collaborative innovation culture and we provide our consultants the autonomy to drive their career and develop the skills they need to achieve success. Those who are offered to attend our Talent Selection Events will be given the opportunity to meet members of the team and learn more about Capgemini Invent and what we do.
Whilst you will have London or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.