An overview of the role
As a solution architect in our UK Architecture Team you will be focussed on turning our client business challenges into technical applications. We are looking for experienced hires as well as architects just starting out in their careers who want to progress. You will be joining a dynamic and growing team, advising our clients as they grow their business through the use of innovative technology solutions.
The focus of your role:
Solution Architects shape and define solution architectures for our clients. These architectures are used to transform business requirements into technical solutions, with supporting project plans, detailed designs and informed technical risk analysis.
We work with a client from the earliest stages of a project, from presales, through to delivery and ‘go live’. We provide technical leadership and support to the Programme Director or Engagement Manager. You are the trusted advisor to our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Work on some of the most leading-edge cloud-native and hybrid architectures in development today.
- Take end-to-end ownership of shaping solutions & defining the right architectural approach.
- Support project cost estimation and budgeting, planning and delivery as a Technical Leader
- Collaborate closely with our engineering teams to ensure our solutions are built to reflect your vision and make the best use of current development practices.
- Collaborate with our clients’ architecture teams and their review boards
- Maintain technical relationships with our technology partners.
- Be a trusted technology adviser to our clients as well as to Capgemini colleagues.
- Contribute and participate in the Capgemini community of architects
- Continually develop your architecture skills through training, internal and industry certifications
As a vital part of our business unit, you’ll contribute to first-class end-to-end solutions in your assignments. You will play an active role in defining our practices, standards and ways of working, and apply them to your role. Be open to working across organisation and team boundaries to ensure we bring the best to our customers.
Why this role?
As a member of our solution architecture community, you will bring a mix of technical skills, industry insight, business acumen and leadership. You will forge close working relationships not only with our architecture and engineering teams in UK and India, but also with the many other disciplines in Capgemini such as engagement managers and account executives.
You will take a leading role in both delivery and business development to shape and design innovative and sustainable custom solutions for our clients.
We are looking for people who have a self-motivated desire to continually learn and improve. Our architects support projects as varied as our client base so we value a wide mix of skills. We are looking for architects keen to grow and develop their technical skills as well as those who have already spent time acquiring a wide breath of systems experience. The following skills are an advantage but are not essential – we want to understand what you could bring to our team:
- Experience of working in collaborative teams
- Working with distributed, offshore delivery teams.
- Development and DevOps background/experience preferrable but not essential
- Experience of building scalable, resilient, and secure applications
- Experience of Agile / Scrum methodology.
- Exposure to and some experience of working with structured architecture approaches (e.g. TOGAF).
- Knowledge of exploiting Cloud platform(s) for delivery of cloud-native solutions.
- Knowledge of microservice-based architectures using domain driven design, CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns.
- Knowledge of API-centric architectures and integration strategies
- Containerisation technologies: Docker or Kubernetes.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm