Customer Software Development
You may have any of our UK offices as a base location. you will need to be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you will be working with
You’ll be joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team of architects and engineers who specialise in building and integrating custom software solutions at enterprise scale. Innovation in delivery is always at the forefront of our minds, which is why we utilise a variety of cloud, open source and proprietary technologies to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
We have world class architecture and software engineering communities; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We’re active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look.
The focus of your role
You will combine your deep experience of architecting and delivering customer centric Digital platforms and solutions with your personal skills and credibility to lead some of the best technical teams in the business to successful digital project delivery. You will take accountability for ensuring that the end-to-end digital solutions we create for our customers fulfil their expectations of high quality and cost-effectiveness.
What you’ll do
The Digital Experience Architect will come from a software engineering background, experienced in delivering Digital platform solutions, producing high quality code and scalable, integrated software solutions in the Digital space. It will suit someone who wants to take a strategic approach to Digital platform design and delivery whilst also maintaining a hands-on role working with technology.
• Guide our clients in the definition of the right Digital technology solutions based on their needs and goals
• Own the technical sales and delivery of Digital projects, ensuring robust, scalable solutions – with the support of other architects and senior developers to design appropriate technical solutions
• Leading cross functional teams in an agile delivery process, responsible for a delivering first class user experiences, building content management solutions, e-commerce, and bespoke web applications
• Lead the continuous improvement of the development process, practices, tools and techniques
• Develop points of view on various aspects of Digital technology implementation, including best practices and emerging technologies, acting as a thought leader for both Capgemini and our customers.
• Coach and mentor other team members to share knowledge and experience and help grow the team
• Working with client stakeholders and internal teams to develop new opportunities
• Manage third-party relationships with digital solution vendors
• Actively contribute to the wider Capgemini digital community
What you’ll bring
We are seeking candidates who can demonstrate a majority of the following areas of experience:
• Solid understanding of the technology market in areas such as Digital Experience Platforms, content management systems, Marketing, Automation, E-commerce, and applications of emerging technologies in the market. An appreciation of both open source and proprietary solutions, and the place for each, is essential.
• Proven software development experience, ideally in a high-scale Digital environment. Experience of market-leading Digital Experience Platforms such as Adobe Marketing Cloud, Sitecore, Acquia would be an advantage.
• In-depth web platform experience, including awareness of the latest techniques, standards and best practices. Proven track record of delivering complex platforms at scale in both B2B and B2C settings
• Experience of leading the solution design and implementation of content management systems, e-commerce solutions and bespoke web applications.
• Good all-round understanding of web development, including awareness of best practices and standards in accessibility, security and user experience
• Experience of leading agile teams and working in an agile manner in a commercial environment
• Experience of DevOps – including Configuration Management, Environment Management, Continuous Integration/Deployment and Release Management.
• Awareness of best practice in enterprise integration, API development, content management and scalability
• Architectural appreciation and delivery experience in customer centric platforms utilising complex integration patterns
• Strong consultancy and interpersonal skills
• Sector knowledge e.g. retail, utility, travel and transport
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs