An overview of the role
Capgemini’s Relaunch Programme is aimed at supporting talented professionals back into the business by providing a tailored 6-month programme to help refresh and update existing skills as well as developing confidence. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but will have some relevant previous experience and a wiliness to learn and further develop your skills in this area. If you have had a career break of 1 ½ years or beyond, for whatever reason, we would love to hear from you!
You will provide a security consulting capability to our customers as a trusted authority, delivering secure client solutions as well as the option to get involved in the full range of pre- and post- sales security consulting activities.
Security consulting and delivery across one or more of the following areas:
• Collaborate with and advise Customer Managers, Technical Architects, Solution Designers and senior levels on client site.
• Specify relevant security controls to secure infrastructure and application workloads
• Support generation of designs and relevant documentation.
• Develop appropriate rules and signatures
• Support the design, production, testing and tuning of security capabilities
• Deliver technical backlog(s) including support for Build and Release.
• Provide support for test and release cycles, including automated testing.
• Attend Sprint planning events to ensure all work is considered not just development.
• Have experience and knowledge of security and network system development, system development tooling and configuration management tools.
• Provide input to and/or craft specialist points of view for the market and where appropriate present at industry events.
Why this role?
Capgemini’s Cybersecurity Practice delivers projects and consulting services in all areas of IT and OT, from networks to cloud services and everything in between. Our services include high-level consulting, strategy and business case development, architecture design and implementation across all market sectors including government and secure sectors.
Capgemini has over 3000 Cybersecurity professionals (over 300 in the UK) to help define and implement our clients’ cybersecurity strategies. We protect their IT, industrial systems and the ever-growing number of products and systems enabled by cloud and the Internet of Things (IoT). As trusted advisors, we also strengthen their defences, optimize their investments and control their risks.
We offer a comprehensive portfolio of services that maps across IT advisory, design, implementation and ongoing management, to serve as true an end-to-end capability partner entirely aligned to business outcomes. A solution that is efficient, scalable and secure, that strikes a balance between flexibility and cost, while facilitating innovation and future business planning. The result is improved service quality, productivity and end-user gratification.
Experience/willingness to learn in several of the following:
• Security hardening of servers and applications
• SNORT and BRO rule/script generation.
• Tenable and ServiceNow.
• Building (physical and virtual), configuring and deploying log forwarders.
• Threat & Vulnerability Management (TVM).
• Centralised Log Management (CLM).
• User & Entity Behavioural Analytics (UEBA).
• Producing and turning security correlation rules.
• Interpreting output from AWS Config, Cloudtrail, CloudWatch.
Key Technologies you’ll use:
HIDS, NIDS and security hardening, AWS Config, Cloudtrail, CloudWatch, Tenable, ServiceNow, PCAP data capture, SNORT, BRO, IP networking and physical networks, VMWare, Python, Go or Bash, Git, Nginx, HAProxy, Unicorn, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, ElasticSeatch, ElasticSIEM, Logstash, Kibana, Azure Sentinel
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.