Whilst you may have any of our UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
This is an exciting opportunity to assist with the current and future technical success of a support team, as a DevOps Support Engineer.
Your primary function will be supporting 3 systems using your expert knowledge to ensure system availability and robust incident resolution, however the role also includes a portion of development (i.e. usually amendments/updates to existing systems, but also a small amount of new development)
This role involves loading vast amounts of data in various forms, from various sources. We use Oracle databases and SAS programming tools (DI Studio, Eguide) on Linux and windows operating systems.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a range of skills and competencies, including some project management aspects. The postholder will be expected to work autonomously and as part of a wider team, drawing on the skills of peers and colleagues within the team. The role involves a lot of flexibility as and when issues arise, to ensure issues are resolved in a timely fashion within SLA’s.
Why This role?
We don’t really have a typical day or typical project at Capgemini. Our clients expect advice, proof-of-values, industrialised solutions; we work on small and very large engagements and we work across several different sectors, including public, CPG, retail, manufacturing and utilities. If you aren’t on a project, you could instead be involved in a bid, doing some training, working on a point-of-view, building a demo or contributing to our blog series (tips from recent new joiners, who we are happy for you to speak with, is just ‘get stuck in’).
As part of the team you will be responsible for :
• Maintain a technical end-to-end knowledge of the systems supported
• Be responsible and accountable for the resolution of all related incidents,, working with other teams to help manage major incident resolution.
• Work with other engineers, manage the resource requirements for resolutions, support cover and liaison with other teams.
• Liaise daily with other support teams, 3rd line and development teams, and lead the response team responding to major incidents
• Liaise regularly with senior customers, particularly during major incidents
• Triage faults, service improvements and technologies, assessing their impact in BAU support
• Assist in the design and delivery of all new technologies and infrastructure components for the supported systems, including developing new code in SAS and maintaining existing SAS Code
• Coach and train other engineers, transferring your expertise and knowledge of at least one of the following areas – Operating System Scripts for Linux/Windows, SAS services and procedures and SQL Queries on an Oracle database.
• Understanding of data – different formats and structures, cleansing, re-formatting and transformation.
• Experience of working in a support environment
• Experience/knowledge of SAS DI Studio and/or Eguide
• Experience of SQL
• Experience of working with Linux
• Experience of working with Oracle databases
• Knowledge of SAFe (Agile) processes
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm