Who are we?
Cloud and Edge is a projects and IT consulting arm of the larger CIS (Cloud Infra Svcs) BU in Capgemini.
Platform Engineering (PE) is a niche team of a perfect blend of technocrats including seasoned solution architects bringing in their best of abilities. The team is responsible for creating innovative multi-cloud solutions on hyper-scalars namely – AWS, Azure, GCP from ground zero. We have expertise in building DevOps, containerization, Kubernetes, Serverless, PaaS, Monitoring and Observability solutions by leveraging CI/CD best-practices.
We focus on solving complex business problems in infrastructure domain ranging from foundation to next generation, bleeding edge technologies for Capgemini customers. We are cloud-agnostic, tool-agnostic, technology-agnostic and are game for any idea that challenges the status-quo.
Our vast hands-on real time experience on various technologies and capability to solve unique challenges for our clients set us apart from the league.
Why should you join our team?
- If you aim to be a “Full Stack Infrastructure Engineer”, on any cloud or platform. While you will still excel in your core skill.
- If you want to be a part of next big change, instead of being a witness.
- If you are the one who can challenge the established ways of working.
- If you seek to ‘innovate and operate’ as a single team.
- If you are looking to work in an agile, outcome driven organisation, not just limited to metrics and numbers.
What we think you ‘should’ know:
- Experience with at least one of IaaS cloud providers: AWS, Azure, Google, Softlayer, OpenStack
- Hands on experience with *NIX operating system flavors’ (Redhat, Ubuntu, Suse and UNIX).
- A good grasp of internet and networking elements such as TCP/IP, HTTP and DNS, routing, switching, firewall etc.
- Must have an understanding low level Linux operating systems concepts, kernel, block device, memory management, drivers, syslog.
- Experience with Linux Kernel level troubleshooting.
- Experience with at least one configuration management tool (Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- Beginner to Intermediate level shell scripting.
What you ‘must’ have:
- Hands on experience with delivering 2-3 DevOps build projects/engagements
- Expert/Professional level Certification on at least one public cloud provider (AWS/Azure/GCP)
Your roles and Responsibilities:
- Evaluating, implementing and streamlining DevOps practices with DevOps architect.
- Help create requirements and procedures for implementing routine maintenance
- Troubleshooting existing information systems for errors and resolving those errors
- Follow Sprint & Agile framework employing SDLS practices during the development using tools like Jira
- Automate repeated operational activities & enable process automation
- Mentoring junior engineers in gaining experience and assuming DevOps responsibilities
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of DevOps Platform tooling (CI/CD Toolchain)
- Experience of using container orchestration such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Swarm Clusters etc., and Helm charts to deploy and manage applications in containers
- Working knowledge of Automated service provisioning and middleware configuration.
- Experience with delivering immutable infrastructure-as-code solutions using tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, cloud-formation etc
- Analyse code and communicate detailed reviews to development teams to ensure a marked improvement in applications and the timely completion of projects
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python and Java, and writing code and scripts
- Working knowledge of systems monitoring, capacity planning, and performance tuning
- Experience with delivering continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines, utilizing techniques like blue/green and canary deployments, with tools such as AWS Pipelines, Gitlab or Jenkins
- Technical understanding of networking, VPNs, compute infrastructure (servers, databases, firewalls, load balancers, etc), and architecting/developing/maintaining production-grade systems in virtualized environments