Development Operations – Program Manager – Mumbai
Required skills and Job responsibilities
- Is responsible for, leads, and reports to the DevOps Service Delivery Manager using best practices and DevOps strategies and solutions.
- Will serve as a DevOps advocate to Client and application development teams In role, will implement and manage transformation programs to drive client outcomes
- Will drive continuous improvement initiatives of DevOps practices to streamline and improve processes throughout the software development and test lifecycle including SCM & build, code review, deployment & release automation
- Will help develop and implement client solutions using Continuous Delivery and Integration practices including Services Virtualization, Release Automaiton, and Automated Deployment, and Continuous Integration
- Leads resources within the DevOps Team and acts as a coach to other team members
- Demonstrates strong background working with distributed teams onshore and offshore
- MS (Computer Science) or Equivalent
- Required People Skills and Experience:
- Excellent listening and analytical skills, facilitation skills, organizational skills, and the ability to lead people and help them through the challenges of change within a complex environment is required.
- Consulting background with leadership level experience with a professional presence and communication skills, ability to inspire trust and build credibility. Must have strong collaboration and good influence skills.
- Understands Strategic Direction and provides tactical thinking ability, complemented by a “hands-on” experience with the ability to recognize and build support for change.
- Strong background in software development, applications management, and software quality methods and practices including experience Agile development methodologies.
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment, courage and entrepreneurial excitement are required.
- Understands and navigates organizational complexities and is able to drive change for client that will be served.
Required Technical Skills / Background
- Minimum 8 years of related work experience
- 5+ years of engagement management experience with expertise in Application Development, Quality Assurance and Testing, and Continuous Delivery
- Demonstrated success in leading complex IT process re-engineering and transformational projects using a client focused consultative approach
- Experience in DevOps practices and using Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, Docker, etc) and Continuous Deployment (Chef, Puppet) platforms as part of a Continuous Delivery deployment cycle and Test Automation Frameworks using JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber, RSpec, or other major test technologies
- Strong architectural background with experiences in Cloud based IT data centers and with Cloud Foundry Platform as a Service Solutions
- Understanding of software development; including extensive experience with one or more of: Ruby, Python, Perl, Java, C/C++, or other high level language
- Understands applications engineering process across the SDLC. Expertise in requirements determination, agile implementation, applications development, testing and quality assurance and applications release management.
- Analytical and metrics driven. Able to support continuous improvement.
Primary skills: Junit
Secondary Skills: Python|PHP
Job Location: Mumbai