An overview of the role
Reporting to the Desktop Team Leaders, the role will have Second Line responsibility for resolving Incidents and completing IMAC Requests (for both hardware and software) assigned to the Desktop Support Team.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Liaising with the Service Desk and Level 3 Teams, to ensure appropriate forward movement leading to efficient resolutions and completions
• Liaising with, and taking guidance from, the IMAC Schedulers
• Working with the Build Engineer to complete individual PC software inventories and installations
• Keeping the EUC Tower Lead informed of any problems or issues arising, escalating as necessary
• Incident/IMAC management in line with agreed SLAs
• Troubleshooting hardware – including desktop PCs, laptop, workstations and associated peripherals
• Troubleshooting Software – including operating systems and desktop applications
• Rebuilding and configuration PCs, applications and peripheral installations as per the IMAC process
• Moves, changes and deletions of the hardware/software estate to agreed SLAs (IMAC)
• Involved in new IT infrastructure implementation projects, moves, changes and deletions to agreed SLAs (IMAC)
• Flexible working to support the hours of between 0700-1900 Monday to Thursday, 08:00 – 13:00 Friday and 08:00 – 13:00 Saturday (overtime), and also covering adhoc overtime as required
This is a busy role; therefore, you will need to work well and continue to deliver results under pressure with minimal supervision whilst maintaining excellent customer service.
To be successful in this role, you must have worked in a similar desktop support role previously and have the below skills:
• Good technical knowledge, skills and hands on experience of Hardware and Software – Windows 7 and 10, Microsoft Office 2010, 2016 etc.
• an analytical mind with the ability to bring clarity to difficult situations, communicating to End Users with a wide variety of IT experience to ensure understanding and resolution of their issues
• Experience of KPIs and SLAs, together with experience of the Client’s industry would be advantageous
• A knowledge of the Client’s IT infrastructure and services is essential
• Exemplary organisation, logistical skills and communication skills
• Working knowledge of ITIL, particularly Service Delivery aspects. Foundation to Intermediate level will be beneficial
• A high energy professional capable of influencing within the EUC Tower
• Must have a flexible approach and a sense of teamwork is essential
• must be SC cleared or be capable of obtaining MoD SC clearance i.e. sole UK National.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.