A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. A multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries, the Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let’s talk about the team:
Capgemini is looking for someone passionate about Big Data, Data Analytics, AWS and Hadoop Stack. This exciting client facing role will see you taking ownership of delivery of a flagship big data transformation program of work for public sector. Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia’s top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason – our exceptional people.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
As the Delivery Architect you’ll be considered a subject matter expert in Insights & Data Management, Architecture and solutioning. Your role will see you working across complex businesses, reengineering development projects to solve organizational problems through innovative IT solutions. Key aspects of your role will include:
- Working closely with key client stakeholder, you’ll manage a team to deliver complex data projects on time and on budget with a commercial eye on future opportunities.
- You will take responsibility for the people, the project delivery and aiming delivery excellence.
- Assist in engaging with the business customers on business processes and practices associated with the IT systems that implement, support or. enable those processes and practices.
- Define project objectives, deliverables, critical success factors, assumptions, global and regional considerations, and resource requirements.
- Manage the delivery of projects across the full lifecycle, to required cost, timescale and quality parameters
- Define project prioritization, cost/benefit, potential risks, and feasibility.
- Ability to work with Business & IT stakeholders through open dialogues that manages their expectations & helps set agreed objectives
- Should be able to motivate & influence team members for accountability ensuring excellent deliverables.
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
To be successful in this exciting position you should have the following:
- Deep understanding of big data technologies, ETL, EDW, architecture patterns and industry trends
- Be at forefront of big data and cloud technologies and plan for their effective use in the context of project.
- Familiarity with data warehousing and data management concepts mandatory.
- Prior experience working for a consultancy or. a professional services company mandatory.
- Prior experience managing similar big data or. cloud-based projects,
- Project Management experience delivering projects/programmes across one or. more capabilities in the Insights & Data space.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle processes, experience of working in a large-scale program
- You will have worked on implementation of large data implementation projects.
- Previous experience working in architecture practice mandatory (TOGAF or. similar certificates highly regarded).
- Agile/Scrum experience is mandatory
- Experience of Project planning, Issue, risk and change management
- Experience of commercial negotiation for project delivery services
- Experience of management of delivery to budget, and associated financial reporting / forecasting to ensure you are aware of the financial performance of your projects
- You will have coached, developed and people managed teams of at least 5 to 10 people
- Excellent communication skills with proven stakeholder management
- Experience working with c-level stakeholders and articulating complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Proven capability to contribute to sales activities for securing new projects and work – contributing to proposals, creating priced delivery propositions and presenting these to clients
- Prior experience working in government organisations highly regarded.
Please note, we can only consider Australian Citizens for this role.
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you’ll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or. full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere’s 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or. other third parties will not be considered.