A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
Due to significant growth created by an ever-increasing client demand, we are looking to further bolster the existing team by recruiting Database Administrators. The roles are both SQLServer and Oracle. We would prefer the candidate to be proficient in both skill sets, however we are prepared to accept skills in just one technology with the candidate accepting to learn the other skill set in time.
Reporting to the Database Administrator team leader, you will participate in an on-call scheme as the team operates a call out rota 24/7×365 where overtime is funded. This includes attending onsite for call out for secure clients on occasion.
Please Note: In this role you are likely to work on projects that relate to national security, which are subject to stringent security restrictions. These restrictions mean that certain factors, including nationality and your place of birth may limit your suitability for the role.
- Provide input into the design and specification process to ensure best practice and standardisation of database builds
- Install and configure SQL Server/Oracle on single servers and clusters on physical and virtual (VMWare) environments
- Use available tools (built in or 3rd party) and work with application support teams and vendors, health check SQL Server/Oracle environments and propose recommendations for performance tuning and optimisation
- Work with cross-functional technical project teams, assist solution and technical architects to design scalable, performant and secure SQL Server/Oracle installations
- Contribute to capacity planning and sizing estimates
- Set up:
o backup and restore strategies
o disaster recovery procedures
o monitoring and alerting
- Impact assess change documents to identify deliverables and commercial impact
- Keep abreast of new functionality that can be exploited by support teams and applications teams to enhance the operability and/or performance
- Contribute to the development of team processes, procedures and documentation and other continuous improvement initiatives
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build & maintain working relationships with internal & external customers
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Systematic, disciplined & analytical approach to problem solving
- Installation, configuration and performance tuning experience of SQL Server 2000, 2005, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2014, SQLserver2016 and SQLServer2017
- Installation, configuration and performance tuning of Oracle RDBMS versions 7-18
- Applying the latest patch sets
- MS SQL Server/Oracle Certification
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise your needs with a flexible benefit package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile and more successful. Smart, tailored, technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.