An overview of the role
Due to significant growth created by an ever-increasing client demand, we are looking to further bolster the existing team of Database Administrators.
Reporting to the Database Administrator team leader, our Database Administrators are proficient in both SQLServer and Oracle (if proficient in only one technology, training will be provided in the other).
In this role you will participate in an on-call scheme as the team operates a call out rota 24/7×365 where overtime is funded. This includes attending onsite for call out for secure clients on occasion.
You are likely to work on projects that relate to national security, which are subject to stringent security restrictions. These restrictions mean that certain factors, including nationality and your place of birth may limit your suitability for the role.
Why this role
As a Database Administrator with Capgemini, you will support our clients by carrying out the below duties:
• Support the design and specification process to ensure best practice and standardisation of database builds
• Install and configure SQL Server/Oracle on single servers and clusters on physical and virtual (VMWare) environments
• Use available tools (built in or 3rd party) and work with application support teams and vendors, health check SQL Server/Oracle environments to propose recommendations for performance tuning and optimisation
• Collaborate with cross-functional technical project teams, assist solution and technical architects to design scalable, performant and secure SQL Server/Oracle installations
• Contribute to capacity planning and sizing estimates
• Set up backup and restore strategies / disaster recovery procedures / monitoring and alerting
• Impact assess change documents to identify deliverables and commercial impact
• Contribute to the development of team processes, procedures and documentation and other continuous improvement initiatives
With experience in a similar role, you will have excellent communication skills, the ability to build & maintain working relationships with internal & external customers and be able to evidence the below requirements:
• Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise
• Systematic, disciplined & analytical approach to problem solving
• Installation, configuration and performance tuning experience of SQL Server 2000, 2005, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2014, SQLserver2016, SQLServer2017 and SQLServer2019
• Installation, configuration and performance tuning of Oracle RDBMS versions 7-18
• Applying the latest patch sets
• MS SQL Server/Oracle Certification
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.licies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.