DevOps /Release Engineer
Charlotte, NC (post-pandemic – WFH presently)
Full-Time Position with Benefits
- Build whole stack ELBs to databases, then moving and launching our site at its new home, guiding the team through the entire process to success.
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Lead DevOps Engineer team.
- Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed to optimize performance.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts so that others may understand.
- Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT and SVN.
- Lead the team through development and operations to produce results conducive to company interests.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS.
- Strong experience with databases such as SQL, MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, and/or Mongo.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, WorkFront, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, etc.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience in working with Puppet or Chef for automation and configuration.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- More than 10 years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.