Data Strategy Consultant
Charlotte, NC (post-pandemic – WFH presently)
Full-Time Position with Benefits
This role involves working with clients to gain understanding of client’s business objectives challenges and recommending solutions that deliver value using data and analytics tools and platforms cloud and data infrastructure. Should possess strong communication and thought leadership skills and should be comfortable influencing and communicating point of view with client leadership. You will be working with Product Owners, Data Engineers, Platform Engineers, Data Management Consultants, Data Scientists, Analytics Consultants
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide deep domain expertise in a data organization
- Create high quality content presentations for communicating with stakeholders
- Assess the current state of a client s data warehouse big data and cloud platforms and integrations
- Conduct stakeholder interviews to gather business requirements translate business requirements into technology use cases and prioritize use cases into a strategic roadmap
- Provide strategic guidance to clients by sharing quantifiable impactful recommendations
- Work with Product Owners, Data Engineers, Platform Engineers, Data Management Consultants, Data Scientists, Analytics Consultants teams to bring the roadmap to life Display pragmatism and take ownership of client personal and team results
- Contribute to building client ready solutions processes best practices and capabilities
- Mentor and develop more junior consultants
Primary Skill : Hadoop Big Data Cloud
- 5 years of relevant work experience in one or more roles: Data Strategy Consultant, Data Architect, Solution Design.
- Financial Services experience preferred
- Expertise in creating high quality presentations and content
- Expertise in a few of the following: Data Warehouse, Hadoop, ETL, Google Cloud Platform and Analytical solutions
- Knowledge and familiarity with BI tools like Tableau, Power BI or similar and SQL is a plus
- Knowledge of technologies like Data Bricks, Cloudera, Data Science, Workbench Google, Vertex AI is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong cross functional team management skills Ability to manage multiple engagements and priorities at once
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.