Role Value Proposition:
Data Governance (DG) is to manage data as a corporate asset by coordinating the people, processes, and technology needed to improve the quality and consistency of data throughout the company and maintain compliance with expected regulations.
This role is to support Business Data Domain for Data Governance to identify critical data elements, define business glossaries and data element definition, set the expectation of data quality, and monitor/fix data quality issues. Also, this role is required to interact with data custodians and IT data SMEs to share business requirements of data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documentation and conduct of DG activities in accordance with DG Framework
- Execute data governance implementation (defining business glossary, critical data elements, and business data quality rules to upload into data governance tool, Collibra) activities by collaborating with data custodians and Data Governance team
- Support Data Governance BAU maintenance activities (change management and issue management process)
- Understand and analyze business process to identify critical business metadata
- Design and manage execution of remediation activities for data quality issues (with support from Data Custodians) and resolve business-related Data Quality issues
- Define business data quality rules and verify technical data quality rules are aligned with business data quality rules
- Build monitoring dashboards to track business metadata compliance status against requirements set out in the DG Framework
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, or data governance/management related
- 5+ years of experience with any combination of the following: Data governance, business process analysis and development, business requirements development, data quality, data management, master/reference data, and metadata management.
- Extensive knowledge of insurance processes. They have knowledge on:
– (Life) insurance business processes
– Key data within business processes
– Data quality analysis and process development
– Data Issue management
- Experience data quality assessment and issue follow up
- Excellent communication skills in Japanese, business level of English.
- Knowledge on data governance tool (Collibra)
- Data Quality Expert
- Has a passion to drive a cultural change for data driven company
#Data Governance, #data management, #business process analysis, #data quality, #data issue management, #Collibra, #metadata management