Capgemini is looking for experienced and motivated Data Scientists for the ongoing growth of its Insights & Data Practice. We are looking for all rounder candidates with a passion for the data opportunities
- You’ll be involved in the delivery of end-to-end projects at some of the world’s largest accounts. This includes:
- understanding of business stakeholders challenges
- understanding of data
- linking the business challenges and the available data
- preparing (and gathering) data as well as assessing its quality
- Modelling given the business requirements and data using advanced analytical methods
- Evaluating model outcomes and reiterate until the requirements are met
- communicating results to the end-users
- Deploy these models
- You’ll be involved in the business development (pre-sales, replying to RFP/RFI) activities for the continuous growth of Capgemini.
- You’ll be part of an international organisation and practice and will be based in Belgium (at client site, in our office or working remotely)
- You’ll have the opportunity to coach and train other colleagues in the field of data science and big data
- You have a university degree with a link to data analytics like: data science, data mining, statistics, artificial intelligence, computer science, mathematics or engineering.
- You are an autonomous, solution oriented, collaborative, quick learner and see self-critisism as an important characteristic.
- You have 2-5 years of relevant experience in projects about data science, data mining, machine learning, statistics, …
- You think of ‘continuous learning’ as a good thing
- You have an analytical mind accompanies by a stong social skills
- You are able to convince and work with business and technology stakeholders, subject matter experts, team leaders and other data scientists
- You are experienced with different programming languages such as SQL, R, Python, SAS, Spark or Scala.
- You have deep theoretical understanding and practical experience in quantitative data analytic techniques including statistics and machine learning; experience with text analytics, graph mining and/or deep learning is a plus
- You have excellent communication skills. A good knowledge of at least one of the two national languages (French and Dutch) and English is important.
- Knowledge of big data (Hadoop, google bigQuery, …) is a plus
- Deep business understanding the Retail, Utilities and/or public sector is a plus
- Link with traditional BI is a must
What we offer
- A unique environment for your personal development
- A career where high performance is rewarded and where freedom, industrialization, innovation and trust are in the spotlight
- Wide range of training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary package