A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let’s talk about the team
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia’s top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason – our exceptional people.
Let’s talk about the role
Due to continued growth within Capgemini’s Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a Data Scientist with relevant consulting and technical skills to join our team in Adelaide. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyse large amounts of raw information to find patterns and build data products to extract valuable business insights. Your responsibilities include:
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and other machine-learning based solutions to business problems
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
Let’s talk about your skills and experience
You will have the ability to help execute end-to-end data science projects using proven methodologies like CRISP-DM to enable our clients to: analyse trends, find patterns, predict next best action and automate processes using artificial intelligence to inform and improve business decision making.
Essential skills and experience:
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist
- Experience in data analysis, statistical methods and machine-learning
- Strong Knowledge of and experience using R, SQL and Python; experience with Spark, Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using Data Science tools (e.g. Cloudera Data Science Workbench, SAS, SAP HANA PAL etc.)
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Zoomdata, QlikView, Tableau etc.) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Analytical mind, business acumen, strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra) and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- B.Sc. in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or any other quantitative field is preferred
Please note, we can only consider Australian Citizens for this role.
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you’ll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere’s 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.