Role: Data Scientist
Exp: 6 to 9 Years
• Overall 6+ years of experience with min 2 years of experience in Data Science, developing applications using Python, R, PySpark or Scala.
• Experience in various statistical and machine learning models, data mining, unstructured data, predictive and prescriptive analytics approaches. Experience in Text Mining/NLP is a must
• Exceptional coding skills in Python, R, PySpark or Scala.
• Experience with Spark MLlib, deep-learning libraries, TensorFlow etc would be plus.
• Experience using Hadoop components such as Hive, Sqoop, Hbase, etc is a must.
• Understanding Python integration with django, flask and REST API.
• Familiarity with data visualization libraries in Python, R or tools such as Tableau, PowerBI.
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
• A team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable coordinating with peer teams to understand use cases and should be able to articulate the findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience of production deployment of one or more analytics solutions
• Insurance domain knowledge is desirable.
• BS/MS in a quantitative discipline: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, etc.
• Experience working with large amounts of real data with SQL (Teradata, Oracle, or MySQL) and Python, R, or other statistical package.
• Experience in a Unix/Linux environment for automating processes with shell scripting.