Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini’s financial services specialists provide a complete range of services to help our clients capture sustainable business results. Our Financial Services Strategic Business Unit is a global organization which focuses on key financial services domains: Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance, Payments & Cards, Wealth and Asset Management, and Risk Management & Compliance. In addition to these domain areas, we have global practices that are dedicated to building innovative solutions in the areas of Business Information Management, Channels, Finance Transformation, Technology Development & Integration, and Testing.
Our Insights & Data (I&D) practice requires an experienced Data Protection SME who will develop and apply their Financial Services industry expertise to help our clients derive maximum value from their internal and external sources of data. This person must have significant experience of leading a team of data privacy professionals in a fast-paced environment and good understanding of the data protection regulatory landscape and industry best practices.
This is a permanent requirement within our Financial Services Business Unit and the successful consultants will be expected to travel.
The focus of your role
Capgemini Financial Services requires an experienced Data Protection SME with Technical/Management skills in the area of business intelligence, data warehousing, testing, reporting and analytics.
As a Data Protection SME, you will be demonstrating your detailed knowledge and a practical understanding of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Data Protection Act (DPA) and other associated DP legislation with an ability to apply that knowledge in a wide range of business scenarios and meet our clients requirements.
Using your Financial Services industry expertise to help our clients derive value from their internal and external sources of data. You must be able to engage with business and IT stakeholders and articulate solutions at various levels and be responsible for the successful delivery and maintenance of our clients Data Privacy operation.
What you’ll do
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) on Data Protection tools and technologies; provide deep consulting expertise on conceptualizing and delivering a secure Data Protection architecture solution that seamlessly integrates with the data governance framework defined by Group Data Office.
- Drive right tool technology selection process evaluating strengths and weaknesses of the data protection systems and recommend improvements to both software and hardware
- Assessing emerging data protection technologies against security architecture to determine where they fill gaps, overlap with existing solutions or extend capabilities
- Have a working knowledge on emerging tools & technologies like Spark, Snowflakes, AWS Cloud etc. and drive integration of Encryption, Masking and Tokenization technologies to ensure data protection in cases of PII (Personally Identifiable Information) and MNPI (Material Non-Public Information).
- Create a configurable and scalable solution that aligns with GDO defined taxonomy of sensitive data elements and Data residency rules.
- Conduct architectural risk and impact assessment on new and existing applications / data store; periodically back test and validate by simulating various data protection scenarios at an application, system and enterprise level.
What you’ll bring
- Significant experience of leading a team of data privacy professionals in a fast-paced environment
- A good understanding of the data protection regulatory landscape and industry best practice
- Ideally has a recognised Data Protection qualification
- Experience coaching, mentoring and developing junior subject matter experts
- Experience of building and maintaining good relationships with a range of key stakeholders at different levels in the business
- Excellent written, verbal and influencing skills
- A highly motivated and industrious individual capable of working on a combination of different activities
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion (about $15.6 billion USD at 2018 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.