Data Modeler – Pune
• Minimum 3-5+ years’ experience modelling complex databases using third party modelling tools such as ERWin.
• Experience designing and building large financial services data warehouses with very strong data analysis skills.
• Have good knowledge of ER/Dimensional modelling and have extensive experience in developing logical and physical data models in complex, multi-application environments.
• 3-5+ years of hands-on experience in data management, data warehousing, data transformation, metadata and reference data management and business intelligence tools.
• 3+ years of experience with advanced SQL query techniques using TOAD, SQL Navigator. Basic UNIX would be a Plus.
• Previous experience as a hands-on Oracle DBA of large database is a plus.
• Must have good understanding of leading 3rd party products in the relevant areas (e.g. Datastage, Business Objects, Microstrategy).
• Significant experience with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Knowledge / experience in Hadoop and NOSQL database environment will be a plus.
• Capture business requirements and rules, design the associated logical models, and create all required documentation to support, communicate, and validate the data model.
• Design, build and maintain the logical and physical data models to support the business requirements in a dynamic, expanding business environment.
• Map data elements of data sources into the domain data models.
• Maintain documentation of data models, including relationships, constraints and metadata.
• Publish and conduct model reviews with business and technical project teams.
• Review database design changes with the team to determine the impact to the physical database and other systems.
• Coordinate with development/implementation team to improve model formats and approaches with regard to implementation issues.
• Participate in performance tuning activities including partitioning strategies, indexing strategies, and SQL optimization
• Architect with an eye toward high performance, scalability, and high availability.