Recruitment process for this position and onboarding trainings are conducted online.
What do you need to start?
- Significant experience of working within a data & analytics team to deliver data and tools into a data-driven community
- Demonstrable ability to work creatively and innovatively to develop services and products valued by the Data Science communities using your own initiative and entrepreneurial flair.
- Excellent communication to senior stakeholders and peers, and the ability to translate technical concepts, and their impacts on the business, to non-technical audiences
- Experience with big data platforms, data architecture and design techniques, and working with large data sets
- Deep knowledge of designing, implementing & using relational, graph, noSQL databases
- Proven range of technical skills with the Hadoop and a broad range of associated technologies, such as Python, Spark, HIVE, NoSQL, SQL, Dataiku, Talend, Linux, Java, Jenkins, Azure, S3, APIs etc
- Experience of coaching and developing other members of staff
- A collaborative approach to delivery, with an owner mindset
- Very good command of English language, both oral and written
Nice to have:
- Experience in data architecture, requirements gathering and integration solutions
- Good working knowledge of data driven marketing e.g. CRM, precision and performance marketing
- Knowledge of digital analytics
- Experience of data visualisation tools such as Power BI & Tableau
- Experience in data & information security best practice
- Experience in project management
What duties will help you grow?
As the Senior Data Engineer, you’re going to be key to our success. Working as a hands-on technical expert within the Global Data and Analytics team – the driving force behind our client’s Data Driven Marketing efforts. This is a mixed team of collaborative specialists covering data science and analysis, visualisation, database structure and engineering.
You’ll provide technical guidance and input into the design of our data flows and models, shaping the databases and tools that support our Digital Hubs so they can leverage the vast amounts of structured & unstructured data we have.
You will also be a driver for industrialising self-serve reporting and analytics, refining and troubleshooting code for optimal performance and supporting the creation of summary tables and metrics.
- Design & deliver data models/schemas
- Design, build and maintain data pipelines that create efficient data science & data analyst datamarts, ensuring solutions are optimised for processing of typical queries and reducing repetitive processing
- Develop approaches to democratise and industrialise analytics and data science capabilities
- Identify & implement ways to increase efficiency & improve data reliability through automation
- Complete all relevant testing to ensure code is de-bugged and the datamarts and tools are robust and accurate
- Based on requirement, make recommendations on how data should be structured in order to deliver optimum user experience at the right speed while minimising platform cost
- Create and maintain both tech & user documentation (incl. data dictionaries)
- Provide coaching and guidance to junior data engineers
- Report on data quality and recommend ways to increase data cleanliness and improve our cleansing activities
- Recommend methodologies for matching and transforming data
- Recommend improvements in consumer journeys in order to capture and match greater volumes of data
What have we prepared for you?
Space where you can develop yourself:
- Development programs, external courses & conferences, co-funding for certificates, NEXT platform with free access to TED talks, Coursera materials, articles and virtual trainings: MS Azure, AWS, Google Cloud or ServiceNow.
- You will have possibility to join various technical communities.
- Flexible working hours thanks to a variety of projects. Ask your recruiter about possible options.
Our famous atmosphere:
- We don’t have a rigid dress code, but what we do have are awesome communities and world – changing initiatives. There’s always someone happy to start a day with a cup of coffee with you – even virtually! We are a big company with unique atmosphere – we make friendships, share important moments, and… simply like each other!
A lot of benefits:
- Well-being package (private medical care, additional life insurance & StayWell helpline).
- Referral bonuses for recommending your friends to Capgemini.
- Inspiro Audiobooks & MyBenefit access.
- Offices in great locations, car leasing program.
Who are we?
As the digital innovation, consulting and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs envision and build what’s next for their organizations. Located in more than 30 offices and 22 creative studios around the world, it´s 6,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights, to develop new digital solutions and business models of the future.
We are a rapidly growing team of talented Data Science enthusiasts which have dedicated themselves to building innovative and data-driven products & services for customers across industries. Our aim is to rapidly develop cutting-edge solutions by applying the latest technologies and data science techniques.
Do you have any additional questions about our job offers? Check our Instagram (@capgeminipl) or visit our Facebook profile (Capgemini Polska) to check when we organize our next Recruitment Hours. Then, you can speak directly with our recruiters via Messenger.