A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of client’s opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. A multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries, the Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let’s talk about the team:
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia’s top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason – our exceptional people.Due to continued growth within Capgemini’s Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a number of Data engineers relevant consulting and communication skills. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or. have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
The role is to plan coordinate all activities of Enterprise Data Management related to the integration of data across various sources into an organised and unified view. This individual is also responsible for the monitoring of data flow between databases, servers and Cloud services to identify and implement the most suitable DI architecture for the organisation’s needs. Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of integration best practices are critical to successful performance in this role.
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- University degree in computer science or. computer engineering
- 2-3 years direct experience in enterprise environments.
- Advanced SQL development, Stored Procedures and Functions development is a must.
- Experience in one or. more RDBMS such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySql, DB2, Sybase with DB performance tuning as needed.
- Experience working with data modelling methodologies and concepts such as Kimball, Inmon, database normalisation.
- Experience in ETL Tools such as Informatica, SSIS, DataStage, SAP BODS.
- Experience in Version control platforms such as GitHub, Gitlab, MS TFS, AWS Beanstalk.
- Experience working in Unix/*nic with Bash/Shell scripting.
- Experience in cloud platforms – AWS, Azure, Google.
- Knowledge or. experience in programming languages, such as Java, Python, R, C++.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge or. experience in Data Governance practices is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of CI/DI DevOps practices is a plus.
- Knowledge of Message Brokers Such as Jboss, Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, Azure Event Hub.
- Knowledge or. experience Big Data Technologies such as Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Scala.
- Knowledge or. experience in Machine Learning Platforms such as Knime, Alteryx, SAS.
Please note, due to the nature of our client, we can only consider Australian Citizens for this role.
What happens next and what can we offer you?