Job Title: Data Engineer
Location: New York, NY/Chicago, IL
Travel/Relocation/Remote: Must be open
We offer you training and a career path to grow your skills in data, consulting, analysis, problem solving, data visualization and cloud. Our Associates work in salaried consulting roles as Data Engineers, Software Engineers, or Data Analysts towards developing, testing and maintaining business applications. Upon completing our initial multi-week training program to enhance your programming, delivery and consultative skills, you will be ready to begin your first project. Our project roles are aligned with our financial services clients on innovative Data, AI, Cloud projects with our customers in banking and insurance. You’ll work closely with our management team who will provide you guidance, growth opportunities, tools, and genuine feedback. Capgemini provides an ideal opportunity for bright engineering-savvy minds to apply and grow their talents in real-world applications through modern business solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Data Science or related field
• Learning mindset with a willingness to embrace new technologies quickly
• Experience working with and developing big data solutions
• Programming experience in at least one of the following languages: Scala, Java, C/C++, or Python
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the willingness to collaborate across teams of internal and external technical staff, business analysts, software support and operations staff.
• US Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Experience in developing Hive, Sqoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase on Hadoop and cloud technologies
• Familiarity with ETL tools like Informatica, Ab Initio, Hortonworks, Zookeeper, and Oozie is a plus
• Exposure to cloud technologies
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory, or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.