Title: Data Engineer (9326010_814579)
Location: Bridgewater, NJ (presently WFH – relocation required post-pandemic)
Employment Terms: Fulltime with benefits
- The Data Engineer will work with the business to understanding data requirements and will become a data platform expert in designing and building data solutions focused on Cloud based Big Data ecosystem.
- You will work closely with other data science teams and take ownership of your projects and deliver high quality data driven advanced analytics application.
- You will solve diverse business problems by utilizing a variety of different tools strategies algorithms and programming languages What about you
- You are highly collaborative creative and intellectually curious individual who is passionate about data engineering and supporting cutting edge computing capabilities
- You are able work well both individually and within a team
- You are adaptable and able to overcome technical challenges
- You are a self starter and motivated to learn and succeed You are data driven and are able to identify and solution problems as they arise
- Collaborate and work with global data management stakeholders to identify requirements for complex business problems that may be loosely defined Work with the business applications owners solutions architects and with technical architects to understand proposed solution architectures
- Build deploy and monitor Batch and near real time data pipelines to load structured and unstructured data into data lake platforms
- Identify evaluate and implement leading edge data management frameworks required to address complex large scale data challenges Work within multi functional agile teams with end to end responsibility for product development and delivery Provide architectural support by building proof of concepts prototypes
- Experienced in programming languages such as python SQL and spark
- Experience or exposure Jupyter Notebook etc Experience building Data engineering pipelines in corporate data lake environment handling large structured and unstructured datasets
- Good understanding of linux os security and scripting
- Energetic able to build and sustain long term relationships across a multitude of stakeholders in a fast paced multi national work environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to present persuade and influence peers
- Bachelor s degree in Information systems or related field with GPA of 3 0 required
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Experience in performing analysis and design for data management and data driven projects
- Familiarity with data science and analytic tool sets
- Exposure or experience with Cloud Platforms Azure Databricks SQLDW and COSMOSDB
- Experience in designing and leading the conceptual logical and physical design for distributed databases
- Experience with operating system command languages such as bash or ksh
- Experience with development tools such as git and integrated development environments
- Understanding of the SAFe Agile development methodology
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
What we offer
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.