Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Title – Data Engineer ETL Lead
Location- Mississauga, ON
We are looking for a Data Engineer ETL Developer to join our growing team of Data and BI experts has embarked on a journey to build next generation data platform to support the growing need of data from business intelligence and analytics
The candidate will be responsible designing developing and productionizing ETL jobs to ingest data into Data Lake load data to data marts and extract data to integrate with various business applications
Roles and Responsibilities
• Design and Develop ETL Pipeline to ingest data into Hadoop from different data sources Files Mainframe Relational Sources NoSQL Etc using Informatica BDM Parse unstructured data semi structured data such as JSON XML etc using Informatica Data Processor
• Analyze the Informatica PowerCenter Jobs and redesign and develop them in BDM Design and develop efficient Mapping and workflows to load data to Data Marts Perform the GAP analysis between various legacy applications to migrate them to newer platforms data marts
• Write efficient queries in Hive or Impala and PostgreSQL to extract data on Adhoc basis to do the data analysis
• Identify the performance bottlenecks in ETL Jobs and tune their performance by enhancing or redesigning them
• Work with Hadoop administrators PostgreS DBAs to partition the hive tables refresh metadata and various other activities to enhance the performance of data loading and extraction
• Performance tuning of ETL mappings and queries Write simple or medium complex shell scripts to preprocess the files schedule ETL jobs etc
• Identify various manual processes queries etc in the Data and BI areas design and develop ETL Jobs to automate them
• Participate in daily scrums work with vendor partners QA team and business users in various stages of development cycle
• 7 years of experience in designing and developing ETL Jobs Informatica or any other ETL tool
• 3 years of experience working on Informatica BDM platform
• Experience on various execution modes in BDM such Blaze Spark Hive Native
• 3 years of experience working on Hadoop Platform writing hive or impala queries
• 5 years of experience working on relational databases Oracle Teradata PostgreSQL etc and writing SQL queries
• Should have deep knowledge on performance tuning of ETL Jobs Hadoop Jobs SQL s Partitioning Indexing and various other techniques
• Experience in writing Shell scripts
• Experience in Spark Jobs Python or Scala is an asset 1 years of experience with working on AWS technologies for data pipelines data warehouses
• Minimum 5 years of experience with building ETLs to load data warehouse data marts Awareness of Kimball and Inmon data warehouse methodologies
• Nice to have knowledge on all the products of Informatica such as IDQ MDM IDD BDM Data Catalogue PowerCenter etc
• Must have experience working in Agile SCRUM methodology should have used Jira Bit bucket GIT Jenkins to deploy the codes from one environment to other
What we offer
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.