Data Engineer with Kafka And AWS Experience
Job Role – Data Engineer
Location – Toronto, ON
• Data Engineer This is an exciting opportunity for those who want to enjoy state of the art R D and be challenged and grow in the field of AI first software product development along the way this role will contribute to game changing products for the multi trillion dollar insurance industry and use AIG s the world s largest insurer by many metrics global network to deliver impact and change Responsibilities and Performance Objectives Data Engineer with experience in setting up Data pipelines CI CD Data replication experience is helpful with Kafka experience AWS experience is must with certification
• Make database data warehouse design choices including hardware relational database management systems ETL Architect and build distributed scalable and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale and velocity
• Design and write highly optimized and complex queries
• Collaborate closely with other teams Developers Analysts Business Partners and Scientists to design develop and deploy data tools that support machine learning analytical and product use cases
• Implement Database Development best practices and standards
• Own data pipelines features and data assets from the development phase through to production deployment
• Engage in data interpretation and forensic data analysis and troubleshooting
• Demonstrate ability to come up with innovative yet feasible and pragmatic solutions
• Think Ask Questions Design Build and Refine Treat ambiguity and complexities of enterprise data environment as an opportunity and not as an excuse
• Required Attributes Both senior candidates i e with years of experience leadership and junior candidates are welcome to apply we have and will offer positions appropriate to expertise and level of experience
• The minimum required skills include Self motivated and creative we are building from ground up not tweaking legacy
• Experience in hands on SQL role be able to work with structured data at all stages of data management lifecycle
• Strong data warehouse analysis and design experience with full knowledge of data warehouses methodologies and data modeling
• Experience with cloud based and traditional ETL tools
• Experience in working with schema free data
• Advanced SQL RDBMS knowledge e g SQL Server Oracle DB2 Proficiency in scripting language e g Python
• Familiar with Big Data ecosystem e g Hadoop Spark
• Experience of cloud platforms e g Amazon Web Services
• Good communicator and team player Solid understanding of algorithms and data structure
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services.The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion
What We Offer:
What we Offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.