Data Engineer – Big Data Automation
Job Role – Big Data Automation Engineer
Location – Toronto, ON
• BigData Automation Engineer Skillsets required
• Bachelor s degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science Computer Engineering Math Statistics
• Similar experience with Python experience and Big data technology Hadoop Hive Zeppelin Elastic Search Kibana Kafka Apigee Apache Spark Demonstrated SQL query skills Teradata or MySQL preferred
• Brings existing tool chest for working with large datasets to identify and resolve issues
• Strong in data profiling cleaning and mining
• Create and maintain Big data automation test strategy and test plan for agile delivery
• Hands on expertise in a variety of test automation frameworks tools HP LoadRunner JMeter Robot framework or Selenium and scripts development using languages Python Java Perl or Bash
• Extensive knowledge of Unix Linux environments and shell scripting
• Experience in DevOps operations with tools like GitHub or Jenkins and test integration tools HP ALM JIRA
• Demonstrated expertise in large scale data discovery and analysis
• Analytical mindset and strong critical thinking skills to assess validity reasonableness of results
• Tenacity to chase down anomalies and irregularities Strong intuition analytical and problem solving skills to identify and assess root cause issues
• Strong learning ability to adopt new technologies and methodologies with growth mindset
• Very strong communication and technical writing skills
• Demonstrated experience summarizing translating and communicating highly technical concepts and results so that they are accessible and understandable for a non technical audience
• Able to clearly document business and systems processes
• Nice to have Machine Learning create pipelines and train interpret models
• Exposure to Cloud computing platform and BI Tools Familiarity with NoSQL databases
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services.The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
What We Offer:
What we Offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.