An overview of the role
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the role will general overview of key client data centres.
Areas covered C08 Data Centre, C08 sub basement Inc. UPS /Paper store; C08 Telephone exchange in co-operation with NetworksA45; Data backup Room A45 Test and development room, 3750 data centre and B64 Bladeroom Data Centre
- Health and Safety Compliance. Ensuring Capgemini IT Services and BAESYSTEMS procedures and method statements are adhered to by both direct staff and sub-contractors working within the Data Centres. Maintenance of safety logs including emergency lighting and periodic audits.
- Security Compliance. Maintenance of room access arrangements, including the list of authorised personnel. Setting of alarms as required. Opening and closing the data centre on a daily basis. Provision of emergency access procedures.
- Physical Hardware Management. Ensuring the documentation of all hardware within the data centre including asset labelling, and maintaining plans / listing and such documentation.
- Asset Management of Servers. Ensuring all servers are installed in accordance with manufacturers and local requirements, have appropriate dual power supplies and are included on the inventory control process. Maintenance and de-commissioning of secure to grave disposal route of such assets that are no longer required.
- Offsite / on site media storage management. Ensuring tapes are held in a controlled secure environment and are accessible as required from the onsite secure safes.
- 1st/2nd level monitoring of environmental variations through Netbotz and other alarm monitoring systems.
- Capacity Management. Monitor and record supply & demand across several key data centre infrastructure KPIs. Record forecast consumption (through project/installation demands) V available supply. Alert management when capacity exceed pre-determine limits.
- Oversee the implementation of B64, A45 & 3750 environmental monitoring solution.
- Server Cabinet Profiles. Manage update and control all data centre rack profiles.
- Cross functional Co-ordination. Working across and with multiple business units, to ensure the smooth transition of projects/servers/other services into any of the managed data centres.
- Data centre efficiency. Undertake regular visits to all data centres, ensuring each data centre is operating to its design optimum performance. Ensure all data centres including "Goods-In" areas, remain clean and tidy.
- Monitor and manage the Data Centre stock components, re-ordering when required in a timely manner.
- Management and supervision of the Data Centre Operations engineer
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.