Focus of the role:
Here at Capgemini Financial Services we are currently looking to hire a skilled Reference Data Architect – preferably with payments experience to join our Payments practice and work on an initial project with one of our London based, Banking clients.
Who you’ll be working with:
The successful candidate will be part of the development team responsible for delivering Reference and Static Data solutions in the Global Payments / Corporate Banking Technology organization. The Payments Reference Data Architect will be a hands-on technical leader developing and managing reference data platform, responsible for data architecture, data modeling, and data integration solutions for the Corporate Bank payments ecosystem. Expertise is required in secure, highly scalable reference and static data solutions that deliver immediate business value while building solid foundation for future global needs.
What you’ll do:
- Devise Payments Reference Data strategy, including sourcing and distribution, focusing on design and data management.
- Formulate strategic approach to ref data security, logging and monitoring for data access, eventually in the cloud environment.
- Keep pace with technology best practices, especially cloud adoption, trends and technologies.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with business leads / stakeholders to ensure alignment with client needs, business requirements and project delivery plans.
- Work closely with technology stakeholders from CB Tech systems including various Payments services to document data flows and produce data models, detailed view of the data classes, and low-level architecture and use cases for the development team.
- Work closely with tech leads to establish and operate the governance framework for the Reference Data program.
- Design and assist in building out proactive data quality checks to ensure data accuracy and timely delivery.
- Manage, mitigate and escalate risks and issues to the governance forum/data working group and technical leadership.
- Ensure adherence to thhe client’s project / program management methodologies to provide timely and accurate project updates in all systems of record. Ensure all necessary project artefacts are produced, reviewed and signed off with all stakeholders.
- Responsible for governance of data models, working in collaboration with domain architects and Payments Design Authority.
- Review performance against SLAs/ KPIs (key performance indicators) and directs appropriate interventions to address and meet changing client needs and business priorities.
- Foster relationships with stakeholders within Corporate Bank Payments organization to enhance the engagement model between Ref Data and LOB-aligned / functional teams.
- Team player, with the courage to drive change through disruption while maintaining a respect for the team.
- Strong collaboration skills and approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution.
- Demonstrate ability to simplify strategy into understandable and executable actions.
What you’ll bring:
- In-depth understanding of Global Payments processing and associated reference data models. The candidate should be reference data SME and understand evolving business and technology landscape of processes, data and technologies used.
- Working knowledge of international, high value fund transfer solutions used by banks to process payments for institutional, retails, corporate, and corresponding banking relationships. Knowledge and understanding of Payments applications from both functional and technical perspectives is essential. Hands-on knowledge of SWIFT workflows is preferable.
- Expertise in data modeling, understanding reference data trends and challenges is mandatory.
- Proven record of working within CB / GTB organization and building technology solutions is key – successful candidate must be able to demonstrate extensive experience in delivering technical reference and static data management solutions meeting business data needs.
- Must have working knowledge in interfacing with IT teams with limited exposure to the business. This is primarily an IT role.
- Experience working on large scale projects, enterprise data solutions with disparate sources to enable standardization & classification for data processing and consequent application development, including extensive practical skills in developing systems for static and reference data; cloud experience is a big plus.
- Deep expertise in handling structured data and other (unstructured) data types.
- GCP certification is a major plus.
- Excellent analytical and critical reasoning skills with a strong focus on execution.
- Proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Java, and logical data modelling is required. Ideal candidate would be a technically aligned Data Architect.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, networking and influencing skills; excellent consumer relationship management skill with service-oriented mindset.
- Ability to work across multiple global business groups and domains; ability to work in fast-paced environment; possess excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Agile experience is a required.
- Proven experience explaining complex technical concepts to business people and technical experts so they can be debated for best solutions.
Why we’re different:
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us.
Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you:
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.