Role: Data Architect – Kafka & ETL
Location: Oaks, PA
Position: Full time
- Function as the solution lead for building the data pipelines to support the development enablement within our client organizations this could include building
- data provisioning frameworks
- data integration into data warehouse data marts and other analytical repositories
- integration of analytical results into operational systems 4 development of data lakes and other data archival stores
- Optimally leverage the data integration tool components for developing efficient solutions for data management data wrangling data packaging and integration
- Develop overall design and determine division of labor across various architectural components
- Mentor client personnel
- Train clients on the Daman Integration Methodology and related supplemental solutions
- Assist in development of task plans including schedule and effort estimation
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor s Degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science Electrical Engineering Mathematics Computer Applications Information Systems or Engineering is required
- Experience building high performance and scalable distributed systems
- Experience in ETL and ELT workflow management
- Experience using Kafka as a distributed messaging system
- Experience with Kafka producer and consumer APIs
- Understanding of event based application patterns streaming data Experience with related technologies ex Spark streaming or other message brokers like MQ is a PLUS
- Batch Data Movement ETL Informatica experience is preferred but more important is a deep knowledge of data integration concepts
- Experience developing deploying and supporting scalable and high performance data pipelines leveraging distributed data movement technologies and approaches including but not limited to ETL and streaming ingestion and processing
- Experience with Hadoop Ecosystem HDFS S3 Hive Spark
- Experience in a software engineering leveraging Java etc
- Experience in advanced distributed schema and SQL development skills including partitioning for performance of ingestion and consumption patterns
- Experience with distributed NoSQL databases Apache Cassandra Graph databases Document Store databases
- Experience in the financial services banking and or Insurance industries is a nice to have
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
- Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
- We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
- With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
- Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
- Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
- Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- `This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
- Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
- Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.