Whilst you may have any of our UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice. Capgemini requires our employees to be geographically mobile and to be able to travel to customer site to perform our jobs.
Who you’ll be working with
The Cloud Data Platforms team is part of the Insights and Data Global Practice and has seen strong growth and continued success across a variety of projects and sectors. Cloud Data Platforms is the home of the Data Engineers, Platform Engineers, Solutions Architects and Business Analysts who are focused on driving our customers digital and data transformation journey using the modern cloud platforms. We specialise on using the latest frameworks, reference architectures and technologies using AWS, Azure and GCP.
We continue to grow and are looking for talented individuals who want to join our high performing team. If you would like to develop your career as part of a team of highly skilled professionals who are passionate about increasing the value of the data and analytics in organisations you have come to the right place.
The focus of your role
We are looking for strong GCP Data Engineers who are passionate about Cloud technology and who ideally have skills in many of the following areas:
• Build and deliver GCP data engineering solutions as part of a larger project
• Use Google Data Products tools (e.g. BigQuery, Dataflow, Dataproc, AI Building Blocks, Looker, Cloud Data Fusion, Dataprep, etc.) to build solutions for our customers
• Experience in Spark (Scala/Python/Java) and Kafka.
• Experience in MDM, Metadata Management, Data Quality and Data Lineage tools.
• E2E Data Engineering and Lifecycle (including non-functional requirements and operations) management.
• E2E Solution Design skills – Prototyping, Usability testing and data visualization literacy.
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL modern data stores.
• Build relationships with client stakeholders to establish a high-level of rapport and confidence
• Work with clients, local teams and offshore resources to deliver modern data products
• Work effectively on client sites, Capgemini offices and from home
• Use GCP Data focused Reference Architecture
• Design and build data service APIs
• Analyze current business practices, processes and procedures and identify future opportunities for leveraging GCP services
• Design solutions and support the planning and implementation of data platform services including sizing, configuration, and needs assessment
• Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes
• Minimum 3-4 years of experience with Google Data Products tools (e.g. BigQuery, Dataflow, Dataproc, AI Building Blocks, Looker, Cloud Data Fusion, Dataprep, etc.)
• Google Cloud Platform
• Java, Scala, Python, Spark, SQL
• Experience of developing enterprise grade ETL/ELT data pipelines.
• Deep understanding of data manipulation/wrangling techniques
• Demonstrable knowledge of applying Data Engineering best practices (coding practices to DS, unit testing, version control, code review).
• Big Data Eco-Systems, Cloudera/Hortonworks, AWS EMR, GCP DataProc or GCP Cloud Data Fusion.
• NoSQL Databases. Dynamo DB/Neo4j/Elastic, Google Cloud Datastore.
• Snowflake Data Warehouse/Platform
• Streaming technologies and processing engines, Kinesis, Kafka, Pub/Sub and Spark Streaming.
• Experience of working CI/CD technologies, Git, Jenkins, Spinnaker, GCP Cloud Build, Ansible etc
• Experience and knowledge of application Containerisation, Docker, Kubernetes etc
• Experience building and deploying solutions to Cloud (AWS, Google Cloud) including Cloud provisioning tools
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients to establish requirements in non-technical language.
• Ability to translate business requirements into plausible technical solutions for articulation to other development staff.
• Good understanding of Lambda architecture patterns
• Good understanding of Data Governance, including Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes
• Influencing and supporting project delivery through involvement in project/sprint planning and QA
• Experience with Agile methodology
• Experience on collaboration tools such as JIRA, Kanban Board, Confluence etc
Nice to Haves:
• Knowledge of other cloud platforms
• AWS (e.g Athena, Redshift, Glue, EMR)
• Relevant certifications
What we’ll offer you
Accelerated career progression.
An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit.
It’s all on offer at Capgemini and although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
We are looking to bring in people at all levels from fledgling Engineers to seasoned Architects who must be passionate about data, so whilst the list of skills below is fairly heavy, please do get in touch even if you only have two or three:
- AWS (e.g Athena, Redshift, Glue, EMR)
- Google Cloud Platform
- Java, Scala, Python, Spark, SQL
- Experience of developing enterprise grade ETL/ELT data pipelines.
- Deep understanding of data manipulation/wrangling techniques
- Demonstrable knowledge of applying Data Engineering best practices (coding practices to DS, unit testing, version control, code review).
- Big Data Eco-Systems, Cloudera/Hortonworks, AWS EMR, GCP DataProc or GCP Cloud Data Fusion.
- NoSQL Databases. Dynamo DB/Neo4j/Elastic, Google Cloud Datastore.
- BigQuery and Data Studio/Looker.
- Snowflake Data Warehouse/Platform
- Streaming technologies and processing engines, Kinesis, Kafka, Pub/Sub and Spark Streaming.
- Experience of working CI/CD technologies, Git, Jenkins, Spinnaker, GCP Cloud Build, Ansible etc
- Experience and knowledge of application Containerisation, Docker, Kubernetes etc
- Experience building and deploying solutions to Cloud (AWS, Google Cloud) including Cloud provisioning tools (e.g. Terraform, AWS CloudFormation or Cloud Deployment Manager)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients to establish requirements in non-technical language.
- Ability to translate business requirements into plausible technical solutions for articulation to other development staff.
- Experience designing analytics deliveries, planning projects and/or leading teams
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm